kia stinger store

Low seating position

BIGRED

For those of you who are fortunate enough to be driving your Stingers, I would appreciate your comments on the low seating position. Does it take some getting used to? How does it compare to other cars you've driven?

CrisX

Ontario Canada
It is for sure lower than a lot of cars I've driven, and I prefer it a bit higher. So the height adjustment comes in handy. I am still playing with the lumber support position from time to time, but overall, I think I have found my proper position and am quite happy with the seat. It's actually more comfortable than the 22-way adjustable seat on my previous Lincoln MKZ. The only thing missing is the massage function. Just like anything in life, it's all about trade-offs.

virgochick

Newish Member
It's very low! I am only 5'2 and have had to raise the seat quite a bit in order to be able to see. Still working on finding the perfect position. I wish that the Stinger came with the seat memory. If anyone else ever drives my car it will take me forever to get it back to the way I want it. Definitely enjoying the heated seats, which I never had before.

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
It's very low! I am only 5'2 and have had to raise the seat quite a bit in order to be able to see. Still working on finding the perfect position. I wish that the Stinger came with the seat memory. If anyone else ever drives my car it will take me forever to get it back to the way I want it. Definitely enjoying the heated seats, which I never had before.
The Base Stinger doesn't have memory seats? :eek:

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
I thought some do and some don't. (GT2 and 2.0 premium maybe) It would be nice if someone that know could list the models and if they have it or not.
I edited my post since you quoted me but it appears the base Stinger with 2.0T doesn't have memory seats. Seems a little odd... I don't know...

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
feels very similar to my old BMW 650

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

CoconutRob

Stinger Enthusiast
I had the same worry. I haven't driven one yet but after sitting in a Korean spec I taught it was perfect .

BahamaTodd

Palm Beach FL
It definitely sits pretty low, which I prefer. I test drove a Singer, Accord and Mazda 6 all back to back at the LA Auto Show. The Stinger was the lowest. The Accord was maybe a tad higher, but still pretty low (one of the changes made to the new 18 Accord). The Mazda seating was so high it felt almost like a crossover compared to the others.

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
It definitely sits pretty low, which I prefer. I test drove a Singer, Accord and Mazda 6 all back to back at the LA Auto Show. The Stinger was the lowest. The Accord was maybe a tad higher, but still pretty low (one of the changes made to the new 18 Accord). The Mazda seating was so high it felt almost like a crossover compared to the others.
I haven't driven a new Mazda6 - but I hear it handles well. Strange being so high and all. Does the suspension feel like dry cement?

CrisX

Ontario Canada
I was actually at the Canadian launch of the current Mazda6 model a few years back. They brought along a few competitions for back-to-back comparison. My "co-pilot" was surprised when I told him that I preferred the Kia Optima over the Mazda6. To me, the Optima's steering and overall driving dynamics is actually better than that of the Mazda6. It just has a bit more European feel to it. I suppose Schreyer's influence and effort is well reflected.

ballistic

Founding Member
Sustaining Member
Orlando, FL
I was actually at the Canadian launch of the current Mazda6 model a few years back. They brought along a few competitions for back-to-back comparison. My "co-pilot" was surprised when I told him that I preferred the Kia Optima over the Mazda6. To me, the Optima's steering and overall driving dynamics is actually better than that of the Mazda6. It just has a bit more European feel to it. I suppose Schreyer's influence and effort is well reflected.
i never heard that before but it's good to hear. i never drove a mazda 6 but everybody says it's the best handling midsize family car. i'm not all that surprised that the optima is also a good choice or maybe even better.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

corradoMR2

GTA
Don't have mine yet but during my test drive, I found the seating in its highest position lower than how I have it set my RC F.

Chizadyo

Newish Member
Central Jersey
Time to resurrect this post. Has anyone found aftermarket lower seat/ back bolstering to raise the overall seating position? Feels like I'm sitting I'm a lazy boy compared to my other vehicles which are more upright.

RM7

North
For those of you who are fortunate enough to be driving your Stingers, I would appreciate your comments on the low seating position. Does it take some getting used to? How does it compare to other cars you've driven?
It's a high seating position compared to my Camaro. Feels like I'm sitting on top of a mountain. Never understand the fascination that some people have with jacking their seat up as high as possible. Like they have to see their front license plate or something. Every time I get in a company vehicle..SUVs no less, the seat is always jacked up as high as it will go, regardless of how tall the person was before me. It's bewildering.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
It's a high seating position compared to my Camaro. Feels like I'm sitting on top of a mountain. Never understand the fascination that some people have with jacking their seat up as high as possible. Like they have to see their front license plate or something. Every time I get in a company vehicle..SUVs no less, the seat is always jacked up as high as it will go, regardless of how tall the person was before me. It's bewildering.

MINI.png

Chizadyo

Newish Member
Central Jersey
Suvs are naturally positioned high, I have a Telly at the lowest seating position possible yet its still to high. On long road trips its comfortable. As for my Supra the seating position is snug yet fully adjustable making it easy to get the right seating position. The Stinger seat needs horizontal adjustment (up/down) I bought an angled wedge cushion to test, didn't work lol