Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kill Tally

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger vs The World' started by ZyroXZ2, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Maybe, but more that these "exotic" colors bestow a sense of confidence to others. It's the same reason that super/hyper cars often come in crazy vibrant and/or unique colors. I think it's because the color itself is a show of confidence that you are, indeed, correct in that it "frightens" them because the color alone has them believing there's a chance they could lose.

Maybe... I don't know, it's just weird, I think I'm so used to know cars themselves and being male that color matters little to me :rofl:

I don't really condone street racing or breaking the law, but it all depends on the road. I have areas near me that are four lanes wide, 1 mile long straights with very little gradation and excellent visibility. EVERY night I hear cars running tests on that road, and sometimes I hear two or three knowing they're racing. There's very little danger when the road is nice, grippy rubberized tarmac running perfectly straight with nothing blocking sight lines in any direction. I admit I tested my WMI on that road on my old Stinger because it had the space for me to do so. I would swap nozzles or make other adjustments and run it up and down that road because it was just as safe as a drag strip (except that it's a public road and cops could pull over anyone doing over the 45MPH speed limit, lol).

Possibly, as red is also commonly associated with "sporty" and stuff, lmao :laugh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ecobust

Ecobust United States Member

You should have given up racing/speeding for Lent. I did, and two days in, suddenly every fast or wannabe-fast car in the city now wants a piece of me. :(

I should have given up something easy and less tempting, like chocolate or soda....

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. falanger

falanger United States Active Member

So I'm not sure what's special about them, but, I had some good runs against a previous generation mustang boss 302 the other night. Lots of bark in its engine and exhaust, but it didnt have much bite behind it; I pulled away 3 times with ease, from digs and a roll.

Great sounding car though.

• Like Like x 3
  4. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Stinger Enthusiast

444hp. Road racer car mostly. Not meant for top speed

5. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Stinger Enthusiast

Plus the Stinger’s torque comes in much sooner and stronger than the Ford 5.0. Plus an extra 2 gears helps makes up for the horsepower

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Active Member

Minus the sound. That 5.0 sounds like a real car while the stock stinger sounds like an Accord. I don't think we will use the last gear. At that speed you shouldn't be racing lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. P22Tyler

P22Tyler United States Active Member

I had a similar experience, but mine was against a Mazda 6. The guy cut across 3 lanes of traffic so that he could be next to me and was creeping waiting for the light to change. I just looked at him like "are you serious?" and then smoked him. Funnily enough I came up against a Challenger a week or so ago and went on the green light but he didn't, so I left him alone at the next few lights. Then when I got to the light where I needed to turn and he went straight, he floored it like he was showing off. Not sure why he wouldn't do that when I was trying to get him to race.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Sounds like he wasn't game enough to give it a go with you, didn't want to lose so waited until you were turning to put the foot down :laugh:

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. falanger

So last night I'm ~12 miles from home, I have no wallet or cash, the display reads 2 miles to empty.....and I have a M4 taunting me and a clear road ahead. I was trying to behave to save that last bit of gas, AND I've run two M3s in the past and beat them both, so it's not like I HAD to play along. The devil on my shoulder however whispered that I had never raced a M4, and that if I run out of gas, there are plenty of people I know with no work tomorrow that can come rescue me. So, I gave in.

From a 50 roll, a 20 roll, and a dig, I pulled away each time. He was clearly 100% stock but still I was surprised just how much gapped him each time, considering I was near empty and thought timing is pulled (or boost is limited?) when fuel is low.

Either way, it was fun (at least for me) and I made it home without having to walk or needing a gas can.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Rakker

Rakker United States Active Member

I know right lol! It's like those little dogs that think they're badass barking and coming at the bigger dogs when they're on a leash lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gargamel

Gargamel Sweden Active Member Sustaining Member +

There is almost "no fun people" in sweden.
    I got to "race" a Golf GTI on saturday, or more liklely, they tailed me for 20km or something until our trip parted our ways.
    did around 180 on the straigh lines.

12. Hoonin

Hoonin United States Active Member

A Taurus sho that was 100% tuned and had something done to it, he took off so hard it wasn’t even funny and left before me, I passed him at 60 though. This was also before I knew how to do the parking brake launch.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Sounds like a “W” from here:thumbup:

14. Hoonin

It was definitely a “W” but not one I’m proud of.

I’m rocking a JB4 map 2, BMS exhaust, ADD W1 dual catch cans, and an MBRP exhaust. I used launch control. Later that day I learned the parking brake method, and would have loved to have known that before the race. It would have been over at 10 mph.

15. Rynil2000

Rynil2000 United States Active Member

I haven't heard of this. Can you explain?

16. falanger

Here you go: How to launch on boost

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hoonin

falanger already sent the link but I’ll give you a quick and easy run down.

1. Stop (make sure your traction control and stability are off)

2. Pull up on parking brake and don’t let go. Make sure your foot is off of the brake after pulling up.

3. Hold the gas pedal down to where you want to launch, you will have to find the sweet spot where it will launch hard and not spin the tires too much.

4. AWDs have like a 95% chance of the parking brake holding you in place without any trouble. RWDs might require you to redo step 2 and 3 if it starts to creep forward.

5. When you want to launch just let go of the parking brake. You can pretty much put the pedal to the metal on an AWD with little to no wheel spin. If you have a RWD you might have to figure out a sweet spot where you don’t just spin out.

Our cars launch so much better doing this. Plus the ECM doesn’t cut the power in between shifts. My car was backfiring on launch control when the power would cut, and I would feel the loss in between shifts. The parking brake method pretty much defeats all of the limiters that the car still employs during launch with TCS and Stability control off.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Buzzrush

Buzzrush United States Active Member

Let me start this this post by saying I abide by Merlins law ;) in regards to racing...I don't race, I pass fast. I don't go out looking for trouble and in 11 months ownership, have yet to have anyone try to goad me into a race...until a few days ago. I don't think you can call this a kill...more of a "putting someone in check" type situation.

I was on my way to the mother in laws to drop off some corn chowder I made for the wife and I (chef here). I was on I 94 just outside of Chicago heading north in the center lane minding my own business enjoying the Corona induced empty highway and listening to some Floyd. I noticed a black car flying up the passing lane about a quarter mile back and I knew it was something kinda sporty. I was approaching my exit in 2 miles so I moved over to the slow lane preparing to exit. This little black car flies up, sees me, slows down and pulls into the center lane right next to me. He looks over at me (cocky smirk on this dumb face) revs his engine and punches it. This is the driving equivalent of slapping someone and TBH...it irked me quite a bit lol. It was at this time I saw it was an IS 350 F-Sport. I had a truck in front of me so I was boxed in and couldn't move. Normally I would just exit and go about my business but I figured "What the hell. This guy needs a reality check". I bypass the exit and move into the center lane behind him. He punches it again and shoots over to the passing lane badly cutting off a minivan:mad:. I hang back a bit as there are still cars around us and he's doing AT LEAST 100. I'm not gonna endanger anyone else on the road. He slows to around 65 and stays in the fast lane probably figuring he made his point.

I bide my time, safely making my way through traffic and move directly behind him in the fast lane. At this point, seeing me behind him, he guns it again ( I could hear his engine whining) and creeps away from me...still biding my time. Finally we break through the front of the traffic and it's just him and I and about a 1/2 mile of completely open highway. Nobody in front of us. I signal and move into the center lane and pull along side him. Again, he guns it so I drop it down into 5th and mash it. The Stinger took over from there and she....was....GONE!!! Past him like he was standing still lol. I moved over back into the fast lane in front of him (my way of slapping him right back) and lowered my speed a bit. He flies up (he had A LOT of ground to make up) and gets right on my ass. Round 2 here we go! He guns it AGAIN and shoots over to the right lane in an attempt to pass me. I wait until we're nose to nose and I juice it again. This time I kept my foot down and in the second or two it took me to check my gauges, he was 3-4 car lengths back. This bully just got punched in the mouth and he's bleeding profusely :laugh:. I slowed down and moved over to the slow lane to exit the highway. He sheepishly followed me over and stayed well behind me until I exited. He'll definitely think twice before messing with one of us again. I turned around and headed back to my original exit and made my way to the mother in laws. She LOVED the chowder BTW:thumbup:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020 at 5:35 AM
    • Like Like x 10
  19. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada 1000 Posts Club!

I bet you had a shit assed grin til after ya got home

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nuthadey

Nuthadey United States Active Member

Man you should have saved your time/fuel. Those shits are slow as hell. Fitting that they're the RWD cousins to the V6 Camry raceboys.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted