Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger Buyers In The U.S. Got These Cool Headphones

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by stingerguync, May 18, 2018.

1. mike27t

mike27t United States Member

Anyone that leased there stinger get one? Trying to figure out the criteria

2. friss

friss United States Member

Bought mine 11/04 and got my headphones this past week sometime while I was away.

Would have been nice for an email to know and not have them sitting outside my apartment for a couple of days.

3. Double D

Double D United States Member

I did

4. mike27t

mike27t United States Member

Glad to hear that. Hopefully my pair is in the mail then.

5. MCGT2

MCGT2 United States Member

Bought both my stingers right after thanksgiving, few days apart. Got one set today and curious if I get another.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Well, you should! But I bet you won't. The only way you might is if your other Stinger was in your spouse's name, i.e. two separate Stinger owners.

7. MCGT2

MCGT2 United States Member

That’s what I was thinking. One is my name the other in both so, you know, maybe haha!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. JVsGT

JVsGT United States Active Member

Leased my '18 back in February and bought my '19 in late November. I received two pair of headphones this past weekend!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. zmanelite

zmanelite United States Member

Got a GT2 19 in November
    Today I was pleasantly surprised to get a set of Headphones :)

20190102_110347.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. MerlintheMad

These have to be in excess of "first 15K". Is Kia continuing up to 20K without saying anything?
    Lol. Be a pal and send your extra set to your favorite Aussie "charity". :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. zmanelite

zmanelite United States Member

12. JVsGT

I was actually planning on giving the spare to my stepdad. He's losing his hearing and therefore can't hear the TV very well without cranking up the volume in addition to turning on CC. Let's see if he'll actually use them tho.

13. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

Those are different than the ones i received early last year. Never did get my Yellow Photo Book either...hmmm. Glad to see they are still giving these away nonetheless

14. MerlintheMad

I've had qualified success using my HK headphones to watch TV/videos. The audio cord is short, so you have to sit up and not very far away from where they are plugged in. Unless the TV is Bluetooth compatible or some other way of using them cordless, I don't see a way around it. Also, and even more annoying: I don't get decent sound out of them unless I hold down the "remote" button on the audio cable; as long as that button is held in the sound is great.

15. JVsGT

I have an Android TV and soundbar has Bluetooth transmission capability so it works great for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Good Idea, I use mine all the time. You can hear dialog that you don't hear with just the TV speakers. They are also comfortable.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MerlintheMad

My Yamaha receiver will accept Bluetooth devices. But the headphones, being speakers, are only going to receive, ergo, this is like speakers waiting for other speakers to send something. o_O If I ditched the stereo and just went directly to the Insignia TV, it might be Bluetooth capable (I've never looked); but then, it would only be good for insipid TV programs, not my DVDs. So, I am reduced to holding in the remote button if I need to use the headphones. I don't want to: but my wife gets annoyed at the movie audio coming from the livingroom; thus the headphones to "spare" her. :rolleyes:

18. GRStinger

GRStinger United States Active Member

They also work great as ear-warmers when taking a walk on a cold evening while listening to the iPhone via Bluetooth! :D

19. davebo

davebo United States Stinger Enthusiast

Sounds inconvenient but you could at least pick up an extension cable to solve the distance issue. I'm not sure what the purpose of the remote button is but could you not get a standard male 3.5mm to male 2.5mm cable without the button at whatever length you like and use that from any normal headphone jack?

20. MerlintheMad

This I do not know. Likewise, what the heck is the "remote" button FOR? Would a normal jack eliminate the need to hold the remote button down? I am cheap and don't want to buy one to find out; and I don't have another set of headphones to try out. Of course, I could always buy, and return. I'll do that. And report back.

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: