Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT Kia Stinger 3.3TT SSR Downpipes +30WHP / +26WTQ NO TUNE!!!!! Dyno Runs and Testing

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by SSR Performance, Sep 6, 2018.

1. CoconutRob

CoconutRob United States Active Member

The to vanders I post about are the vanders that supplied the 2 mods I have Both with an exceptional experience and I will continue to post about these 2 vendors and any future vendors experiences that I have These cars are so similar it's good to read Both forms for information. A person was complaining about this vendor so I posted an option to another vendor

2. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu United States Member

Nice work! Looking at the baseline, these cars are underrated already.

3. Callum

Callum United States Stinger Enthusiast

It would appear SSR has no interest in coming back to the forums. I emailed Zayn and his response was:

Me:
    Zayn,
    Just a heads up. I would suggest logging into the forum and chiming in.
    3.3TT - Kia Stinger 3.3TT SSR Downpipes +30WHP / +26WTQ NO TUNE!!!!! Dyno Runs and Testing
    Nick

Zayn:
    Hi Nick,

Are you saying people are seeing different power gains? That’s definitely a possibility at different temperatures dyno setups and test conditions. Through our testing we posted directly on our site what the pipes made on 91 octane on a local dynojet.

Me:
    There’s speculation that you lose power with these.
    It also seems like SSR abandoned the Kia forum. I personally don’t care if you do or don’t. However some members want answers for their questions.

It seems like SSR will lose the Stinger business in a few months, and the pipes will be harder and harder to get. I'm glad I didn't buy the intake and muffler delete.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

lose power may be a strong statement but the gains are much much less than advertised.

5. Callum

I believe you posted a -1 HP result. That is a loss.

I may of read that wrong, but anything that is less than the stock power is a loss in my eyes. Doesn't matter if it's 1HP or 100HP

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Where in the powerband these pipes make power, and the results (for both power and sound) using them on a stock car vs. in combination with other modifications, apparently varies a great deal.

7. Pnbnationsbest

Pnbnationsbest United States Active Member

Looks like a screw you guys to me.

It is so befuddling to me. A company could completely shut the Stinger market down with a little bit of dev, effort and support.

80% of the vendors that produce hard parts for us are a day away, literally. Companies like COBB, Lund, American Racing; CPE, Vortech, Hypertech.........I could go on forever...have the brains, capability and support to be a one-stop shop for us. We don't need companies that stepchild us like SSR

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CoconutRob

CoconutRob United States Active Member

I hope I am wrong but it looks to me that no one in the US is going to take this car seriously (it's just a Kia mentality) and yes I feel the same about Genesis although the Hyundai Genesis had a good aftermarket. Bu the way I still can not figure out what your problem with me owning a G70 and being on this forum.

9. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! Texas Stinger Swarm

Lose power? No. I've seen folks saying something about no gains if you use something like a JB4. Nothing about losing power.

10. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

Yeah the MP vs Stock dyno did lose 1 or 2 HP peak but made a little more in other places for a +1 average gain. And that is just comparing 2 pulls. That peak drop looked like a bit of a blip. May not reproduce in other pulls but bottom line is the gains appear to be essentially nothing. I bit more torque in the lower RPMs.

11. niko

niko United States Active Member

They did dyno the car with only the secondary dp deletes it made 30whp/26wtq. With mods they haven’t dynoed it. But I have the ssr intakes and ssr downpipes, and ssr axle back, addw oil catch cans, jb4 map 5 e30 mix, denso spark plugs. I made 445whp on a dynapack hub dyno gear 5 is what we used

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Callum

I hate that I may of causes this thread to spiral from a on topic, product related thread to a @SSR Performance has abandoned the Stinger group, and shows no interest.

I'd say let's get back on topic or close the thread. I think it's a moot point to keep asking the company questions when they have clearly bailed on the board and don't really care.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted