Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kagantuned is now able to flash tune our ECU via CANBUS!

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by StungBlueGT2, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Thorne

Thorne United States Member

I'm curious how he's doing canbus, even the vendors I've talked to that have it working claim it requires tprot removal which involves flashing it bsl. I hope he's right and this comes out

2. Yaro

Yaro Norway Member

I wonder what hardware he uses and how he removes protection.

3. Thorne

No updates ? Well I got.my bitbox hardware just need to find my tactrix

4. falanger

falanger United States Active Member

From the Dragy leaderboard; sub 4 seconds to 60, apparently with tune only, no mods....

Screenshot_20200117-102019~2.png Screenshot_20200117-102029~2.png

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States 1000 Posts Club!

6. WildBill

WildBill United States Stinger Enthusiast

Huh, it was an inline image a few minutes ago. 3.82 sec 0-60 if I remember correctly.
    Stated that it was Kagan's stage 1 tune with no other mods to the car.

7. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Yeah 3.8s going slightly uphill and spinning all 4 tires on the launch. On flat ground and a good launch he’ll be doing 3.6x-3.7x with absolutely no other mods!

Super impressive already and can’t imagine what he will be doing with his Stage 2 tune.:thumbup:

8. Toddasaurus

Toddasaurus United States Active Member

He had to have changed something related to launch mode... No other G70 or Stingers that I know of are hitting those same 0-60 times while everything else is stock, even putting down more WHP and WTQ than him.

When I talked to him he said he was only changing fuel, ignition timing, boost, and throttle mapping. Maybe he's dug deeper now?

9. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

No all his runs are without LC and he is still completely stock.Kaganader Tuning on Instagram: “For all the nay sayers that do not believe how fast the stinger is for the verified 0-60mph. As you can see there is no physical…” He’s just a very experienced tuner and knows how to maximize power and results.

He has slightly adjusted boost limits in 1st gear, but said it just spins his all season tires. Once he gets the summer tires on, it will get even better.:thumbup:

Also he’s likely putting out similar power than others with mods as his 410whp/470wtq is on a Mustang dyno which typically runs 10-12% lower than the dynojets everyone else uses. He could potentially be making 465whp/535wtq without any additional mods which sounds right for 3.6x-3.7x 0-60 with proper traction.:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. KyleSC

KyleSC United States Member

I'm pulling the trigger and will send him my ECU. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaBears4Lyfe

Awesome dude!

What mods do you have? Im assuming just doing the stage 1?

12. KyleSC

Agency Power- FMIC,BOV
    BMS- JB4,Flex kit, Intakes, OCC
    Densos .024...changing to HKS45
    Installing BMS WMI now, but have had problems and contacted support (Ando is not great to deal with)
    EDIT...... ARK secondary dp 2nd cat deletes, MBRP Cat-back

MANDO, Eibach springs, front/rear seats, collared chassis bolts
    Ordered the launch kit and toe links from PRG Products...talked to Greg and he is a nice, genuine guy...said he developed it using his friend's '18 GT2 AWD...stated will provide improved support for tranny, trailing links, support bushings front/rear differential mounts, and I ordered the toe links. The other night I tried the brake snip without the recent items. A quick rev to 3k and released the break and I launched at 10psi....I'm AWD and wasn't ready for that,lol.....all 4 broke loose and it wormed for 15 feet or better. I let it rip for a quarter and Dragy said 12.02 @116.....60mph was 4 flat with traction loss. It was cold as hell and summer tread was rock hard. Looking forward to the tune and launch kit.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020 at 3:48 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  13. moinmoin

moinmoin Stinger Enthusiast

Kyle, you realize Todd Presser is only a 4 hr drive away....:)

14. Thorne

No exhaust work yet ? Can't wait to see results

15. KyleSC

I do. I called him and went over where I am now (Dyno) and expectations. He said he didn't think it would work for me. He is a classy guy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kiksbut

Kiksbut Canada Active Member

Why not?

17. KyleSC

I'm assuming that was for me, lol. I don't know.... I'm not looking for boost in the 20's.. I usually max at 18psi now. I'm gapped at .024 and would like to stay there or .025ish is ok. If I see something that will protect major components I'll check it out. My Dyno was on E30 map 5 Dyno Dynamics AWD and was 404 who, but would kickdown before we could get to max (GT2) and 509 wtq.....nice flat torque line

18. DaBears4Lyfe

Dyno sheet?

19. KyleSC

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thorne

Dyno Dynamics are some of the lowest reading dynos. Do you have stock mid pipes ?

Draft saved Draft deleted