kia stinger store

Just need to praise my 2021 GT-Line!

Mike_TX

Stinger Enthusiast
North Texas
Photoguy, I understand what you're saying about the 2.0.

As one of the few members here who have had both 2.0 AND 3.3-liter Stingers, I can say that the 2.0 is really underrated. The power - either from a stop, or at cruising speeds - is strong and it just seems more eager as speeds go up. Even my former 2.0-liter turbo Optimas put a smile on my face, and the Stinger's gearing just makes it better. That 2.0 will push you from 60 to 100 to pass a truck like a big strong kick in the seat of the pants. I seldom ever completed a pass at less than 100 mph.

The 3.3 is good, too, but the two cars just drive differently. The 3.3 will whoosh you from 0 to 80 right now, but the power comes on differently, and the same is true when passing on the highway. It's not instantaneous, but rather a gathering speed sensation. The 2.0 isn't as powerful, of course, but it seems to accelerate "easier".

I don't know about the 2.5, but Kia has had a winner in the 2.0.

photoguy007

I agree 100%

I really had no immediate desire to tune, or at all. Out of impulse, there was a Racechip on eBay two days ago, I punched in a low bid, and surprisingly won for $35. I'm actually leery using it, it's used & no box, original seller wasn't auctioning it. Not sure what I was thinking, guess I'll just sit on it for a while.
I may pick up a Sprint Booster, for a little better throttle response, no interest in racing.

Appears you upgraded to GT2?

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
To add about EV's.
The current Audi EV's are just too expensive for the range (Audi fan). I believe with the current technology, the minimum for any EV should be 400 miles. Most of the population won't switch til' we see these numbers and higher, also we need more efficient charging on the highways. Nio (China) has the best charging solution. They have stations, that will swap your battery in 3 minutes, perfect! The future gas station? You can search it on YouTube.
Tesla did a presentation on this to show the refueling time of a large luxury car (think it was an A8)and their battery swap solution. The battery swap was faster. I don't know why this isn't an option here yet. For short trips and daily commute, not as important however, for long trips, they should have this along major highways or close enough..

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
Photoguy, I understand what you're saying about the 2.0.

As one of the few members here who have had both 2.0 AND 3.3-liter Stingers, I can say that the 2.0 is really underrated. The power - either from a stop, or at cruising speeds - is strong and it just seems more eager as speeds go up. Even my former 2.0-liter turbo Optimas put a smile on my face, and the Stinger's gearing just makes it better. That 2.0 will push you from 60 to 100 to pass a truck like a big strong kick in the seat of the pants. I seldom ever completed a pass at less than 100 mph.

The 3.3 is good, too, but the two cars just drive differently. The 3.3 will whoosh you from 0 to 80 right now, but the power comes on differently, and the same is true when passing on the highway. It's not instantaneous, but rather a gathering speed sensation. The 2.0 isn't as powerful, of course, but it seems to accelerate "easier".

I don't know about the 2.5, but Kia has had a winner in the 2.0.
The 2.5T will be a much better performer compared to the 2.0T, the torque rating is pretty good for the weight of the stinger. Any extra tuning one add to that power plant would just kick it up a notch.

photoguy007

The 2.5T will be a much better performer compared to the 2.0T, the torque rating is pretty good for the weight of the stinger. Any extra tuning one add to that power plant would just kick it up a notch.
I don't need to read this, must be happy with what I have. Lol!

photoguy007

Little less "A$$" to push around.....;)
I was getting to know my 2.0 more today, when you hit that sweet spot (seems to be around 3500-4000), man it just pulls hard.

Did you test drive the green 2.5?

Thank you for all the info, this is what I needed to know. It really does run excellent stock. Any thoughts on Map 1?
Photoguy007,
My experience with tuning/modding the 2.0 is very similar to Monusa's. The Jb4, passing wanna be sport car V8 pickup trucks, always ran 93 octane and the likes. I've listed my 2.0 life story in other posts from using the Racechip RS in mode 6 to now...the JB4 up to map 3 & 5. I daily drive in map 3 with only Shell 93 and my mods. I keep a can of 32 Oz Boostane (for Map 5) on the side for those times when I want that extra kick. On Map 3....I dyno'd 263 whp (337 crank hp) and timed 4.9 seconds 0-60 (finally figured out traction issue using launch control). If I am 0.2 seconds off the 3.3's 0 to 60 time at only 337 hp....its probably because of my cars lighter weight.....i've even removed my spare tire in place of Green Slime and a tiny rechargeable air compressor. No dyno on map 5....but my seat dyno tells me I'm around 350 hp. I believe if I ran the WMI kit....I could match 3.3.......but I would not run anything higher than map 3 daily for safety reasons (reserve map 5 and WMI for the track only). There are quite a few Mustangs, Chargers, Camaros and Challengers who probably believe I'm a GT in disguise!

Last edited:

photoguy007

Photoguy007,
My experience with tuning/modding the 2.0 is very similar to Monusa's. The Jb4, passing wanna be sport car V8 pickup trucks, always ran 93 octane and the likes. I've listed my 2.0 life story in other posts from using the Racechip RS in mode 6 to now...the JB4 up to map 3 & 5. I daily drive in map 3 with only Shell 93 and my mods. I keep a can of 32 Oz Boostane (for Map 5) on the side for those times when I want that extra kick. On Map 3....I dyno'd 263 whp (337 crank hp) and timed 4.9 seconds 0-60 (finally figured out traction issue using launch control). If I am 0.2 seconds off the 3.3's 0 to 60 time at only 337 hp....its probably because of my cars lighter weight.....i've even removed my spare tire in place of Green Slime and a tiny rechargeable air compressor. No dyno on map 5....but my seat dyno tells me I'm around 350 hp. I believe if I ran the WMI kit....I could match 3.3.......but I would not run anything higher than map 3 daily for safety reasons (reserve map 5 and WMI for the track only). There are quite a few Mustangs, Chargers, Camaros and Challengers who probably believe I'm a GT in disguise!
That's very impressive performance!

Well, I had decided to purchase the JB4, but won an eBay auction for a Racechip RS for $31. Was a stroke of luck, no 2.0 owners were bidding that night. The performance difference is significant. The boost comes on earlier, and the midrange is even better now. Not sure I'll push it to your spec with a JB4, I may, but for now I love the new power. Shell 93 Octane and HKS plugs.