kia stinger store

Interior door pull

WLG3

Newish Member
Yes, it’s a GT2 as well.
It’s not like we slammed the door and it broke. It broke as we started pulling, by just the force to pull the door.

derek0609

Michigan
I'm a GT1 and the driver door side broke in mine. I assume the door cards are manufactured by a supplier and apparently they had a bad batch from Feb-Jun this year! My 2018 had 36,000 miles and never had a bad handle.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Oh okay. I wasn't sure if there was a difference between the door cards for the trims. At least there's the cup part to pull it closed in the meantime.

G

G-983137

2022 Stinger GT2
2 weeks after purchase, the driver door pull broke away from the interior panel. It broke at the very front where the handle curves up and then attaches to the panel. Kia is going to replace the whole interior panel, however it’s been on back order for over a month now.
Yesterday, as my wife was closing the passenger door, the passenger side broke it the same place.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I have the same issue on driver side, passside seemed pretty secure as I tugged on it pretty Good but I'd still want them both changed out..

WLG3

Newish Member
At my last oil change/service, the service manager told me there is an official TSB out for the door panels. It covers modifying them if they are not broke or changing the panel if they are broke. Both my panels are on back order…still.
I have the TSB number in my files, I’ll try to dig it out and post later.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Joseandalex

2022 Stinger GT2
2 weeks after purchase, the driver door pull broke away from the interior panel. It broke at the very front where the handle curves up and then attaches to the panel. Kia is going to replace the whole interior panel, however it’s been on back order for over a month now.
Yesterday, as my wife was closing the passenger door, the passenger side broke it the same place.
Yep car has been broken for months now. Guelph KIA ordered the part before service bulletin came out. They called me to say that new door pad was in. Made an appointment to have it fixed, dropped the car off only for them to tell me to come and pick up my car because they can't fix it now because there is a service bulletin out. Ridiculous

G

G-278814

We have the same problem here in Australia. I have an MY21 built in Mar 21 and the drivers door broke within 1 month. Dealer had to replace the drivers door panel (AUD$1,800 plus AUD$700 labour) and advised Kia sent out a bulletin to all dealers saying there are replacement/strengthened clips for the grab handle. Interestingly, we never use the passenger door grab handle yet since dealer has had car it too has somehow been broken.......

G

G-800720

2022 Stinger GT2
This happened to us the day we bought it which was May 30th. Now the passenger door handle has broke to with no answer in sight of when ti expect both door panels...going on 5 months...sucks...brand new car and has not been right since day 1

G

G-897216

2022 Stinger GT2
Yes, same issue on driver side foot. Have been waiting for 4 months to get fixed. Terrible customer service

G

G-866048

2022 Stinger GT2
This happened to us as well and we have had the car for 5 months and Kia doesn't seem to care.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Pat_H

Parrish, FL
2022 GT2 with 3/21 build date code here. Driver's door top attachment point failed (looks just like WLG3's pic above), called local Kia dealer. Nice lady said there was a recall and gave me an appointment for today. Drove in and the service writer was happy to take the car saying it'd be ready in an hour and a half. Came back at two hours and was told that because the door pull had failed, it was not part of the recall which covers only pre-failure cars (I remember that Tom Cruise movie haha). Parts are on order and I'll be able to bring the car back next week for both front doors to be fixed.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
it was not part of the recall which covers only pre-failure cars
What does that even mean? It makes no sense, and it isn't even late yet. :rolleyes: All failed door grab handles are covered by that TSB.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
G

G-943076

I think it’s semantics. They are going to replace Pat H’s panel, they just needed to order it. The TSB DOES cover failures, I read it. If the passenger side hasn’t failed yet, they should have bolstered that side as per the TSB. I think you got lucky by getting two new panels. Just sucks that the dealership wasted 2 hours of your time. I think it comes down to how involved the service manager is. My guy is very involved and and explained the whole TSB to me. (a small town though)

Pat_H

Parrish, FL
I think it’s semantics. They are going to replace Pat H’s panel, they just needed to order it. The TSB DOES cover failures, I read it. If the passenger side hasn’t failed yet, they should have bolstered that side as per the TSB. I think you got lucky by getting two new panels. Just sucks that the dealership wasted 2 hours of your time. I think it comes down to how involved the service manager is. My guy is very involved and and explained the whole TSB to me. (a small town though)
Yeah, it was “failure to communicate” more than anything else really. Someone might have thought the parts were in stock and when it was time to pull them got a big surprise. Rest of it was the typical tech-service writer-customer song and dance.