kia stinger store

Interior door pull

WLG3

Newish Member
2022 Stinger GT2
2 weeks after purchase, the driver door pull broke away from the interior panel. It broke at the very front where the handle curves up and then attaches to the panel. Kia is going to replace the whole interior panel, however it’s been on back order for over a month now.
Yesterday, as my wife was closing the passenger door, the passenger side broke it the same place.
Has anyone else had this problem?

D.J.

Stinger Enthusiast
picture?

Nonapplicable

Newish Member
Phoenix, AZ
2022 Stinger GT2
2 weeks after purchase, the driver door pull broke away from the interior panel. It broke at the very front where the handle curves up and then attaches to the panel. Kia is going to replace the whole interior panel, however it’s been on back order for over a month now.
Yesterday, as my wife was closing the passenger door, the passenger side broke it the same place.
Has anyone else had this problem?
This seems to be more of a common issue. When I was looking for a stinger a gt-line had both sides broken in the same spot you mentioned. It was a brand new car on the dealer lot.

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
To the OP, what's the build date on your car? Mine's 6/21 and so far so good.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
Look inside the driver's door, it's on the VIN plate. Mine doesn't show a build day, just 6/21.

1629733122527.png

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Howdy and welcome (despite the reason for your coming here). There is a batch of '22 Stingers with the door grab handle not attached properly: I'm not surprised that door panels are on back order, hah! While you wait, use the door cup instead (I never use the grab handle anyway and therefore would never "discover" this flaw).

WLG3

Newish Member
Thanks for all the replys.
I’ve been traveling today. I’ll post the build date and take a picture tomorrow.
Just a note. I’m not totally sure of how this works, but my sales manager asked it I could wait until both panels come in and do the repairs at the same time. Something about Kia doesn’t have a charge code for a single door panel replacement and he would get charged if they did them separately. He’s a good guy so I agreed to wait until both come in. No telling how long that will take. Until then, as MerlintheMan suggests, I’ll use the cup portion of the pull.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Thanks for all the replys.
I’ve been traveling today. I’ll post the build date and take a picture tomorrow.
Just a note. I’m not totally sure of how this works, but my sales manager asked it I could wait until both panels come in and do the repairs at the same time. Something about Kia doesn’t have a charge code for a single door panel replacement and he would get charged if they did them separately. He’s a good guy so I agreed to wait until both come in. No telling how long that will take. Until then, as MerlintheMan suggests, I’ll use the cup portion of the pull.
Kia's TSB is for both door cards/panels to be replaced, since both sides break. Every vehicle in the production range will have a notice sent out. This is not one of those fubars where Kia waits for you to come in: they know this is a screwup within a build date range. So, of course both doors will be done at the same time.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
^^Is the full tsb posted somewhere?
I haven't visited the page to see. I know that when we had the grommet installed to cover the rough fender hole in the engineroom, and had the wiring harness replaced, every owner of vehicles made between August 2017 and April 2018 (iirc) received a TSB letter. This fubar is still new. The TSB letter will be arriving soon, and on the forum we'll start hearing about '22 owners getting it.

WLG3

Newish Member
My build date is 02/21
Here’s a picture of the driver side handle. The passenger side now does the same.
C684819E-20E6-4C50-9791-F8B9E95835A2.jpeg

WLG3

Newish Member
No, they found the screws when they took the panel off. The plastic boss inside broke.
(The part inside of the two nipples you can see protruding)

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
I wonder how many of us just on here alone have been hit by this? If I ever get my car back from the dealer, I'll have to see what the build date is. If the parts are on backorder, it sounds like mine wont be getting fixed.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I wonder how many of us just on here alone have been hit by this? If I ever get my car back from the dealer, I'll have to see what the build date is. If the parts are on backorder, it sounds like mine wont be getting fixed.
What's odd to me is that at first it sounded like an assembly line fubar where the grab handle didn't get attached: but now it's looking like the attachment is breaking inside!? What changed? This broken grab handle thing only happened in that limited time span of MY22s.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
What's odd to me is that at first it sounded like an assembly line fubar where the grab handle didn't get attached: but now it's looking like the attachment is breaking inside!? What changed? This broken grab handle thing only happened in that limited time span of MY22s.
Yea I was/am wondering the same. I wonder if it's trim specific even? I have a GT2, and I think the pic in here is a GT2 as well.