Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by corradoMR2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Gargamel

Gargamel Sweden Active Member Sustaining Member +

I have less than 20km left on the meter. Will see how many litres i can fill the car with later today.

2. Danny5

Danny5 United States Member

I drive a freeway home everyday that can be fairly empty. I've noticed that adaptive cruise control will let you know if it detects a car in your lane. When a car is detected, then a second vehicle shows up on the adaptive cruise control distance meter. I found that I would start slowing pretty far out from vehicles, even when my distance was sent to minimum. Now I know when to change lanes to avoid the traffic.

3. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Active Member

I discovered that a "10" on the wire does not mean AWG 10, it means 10 mm2. So close to AWG 8. Everyone should just pick one system and stick with it.

4. 87and66

87and66 United States Active Member

Electrical engineer here; AWG means “American Wire Gauge”. So as usual, we Americans are the ones who just haaaavvee to be different. Any wiring that comes from another country probably won’t use AWG. Personally, I wish we’d adopt the metric system

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Active Member

Yep that's what I figured it was. Also found out that the car does not like it when I plug my cheap OBD2 reader in. Random lights start flickering

Draft saved Draft deleted