Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by corradoMR2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. max2382

max2382 United States Member

I don't think you can. Maybe coding the software, but I have no idea how nor if it is possible

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 1000 Posts Club!

"Custom"? You meant to write "Comfort". In Smart mode, usually it runs in Eco. If you step on the gas and/or turn aggressively, it will shift to Comfort and stay there as long as the indicator nears or goes beyond the middle point. If your driving style returns to ordinary, e.g. forced compliance because of traffic :p, then in about five seconds "Comfort" changes back to "Eco".

(Edit to add: I forgot to mention, that flooring it in Smart engages "Sport" mode. But that goes away to be replaced by Comfort mode as soon as you take your boot out of it. And then as you drive sanely it reverts to Eco, as I pointed out.)

Why would you look for that? That's the color for Custom.

I think you are confirming that Eco is best all around gas mileage, surface roads, highways/freeways and mixed driving. It makes no sense to me that Eco would offer less efficiency than any other drive mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2018
  3. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Active Member

Sorry Merlin yes I did mean comfort not custom it was a typo and reading it back now I saw I did it twice :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

You do night shift to?

5. Coast GT

I do but I’m not at work at the moment, just a late night. Going to bed now

6. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

How can you tell what mode it's in when in smart mode? Mine just says Smart on the dash and that's it.

7. MerlintheMad

In trip information the Drive Mode screen is one click above the Fuel Economy screen in the LCD window (if equipped) between the tach and speedo. When you are in Smart mode, the scale at the bottom shows "Economical" and "Aggressive" lit up (it is greyed out in all other drive modes). You can see how economical or how aggressive you are driving by observing the sliding indicator. If the indicator moves to "Aggressive" then the displayed drive mode will shift from Eco to Comfort. And if you floor it, it will indicate Sport.

8. Abaloz

Abaloz United States Member

It seems smart is the best mode overall then? It alters the car based on the driver ? So u don’t have to worry about going into eco comfort and sport...keep it simple and seems smart does it all

9. MerlintheMad

That seems to be the schtick. But I am not happy that in order to get to Sport from Smart you have to keep it floored!? Pretty danged useless, that. However, what is supposed to be happening (and I haven't stayed with Smart long enough to try this out to see for myself) is that Smart "learns" your driving habits and adapts accordingly. If so, then this car is waaay smarter than I am. :D

10. rocket23

rocket23 United States Active Member

I had it on smart on a few commutes........comfort and egads! even eco.....I gotta tell ya, I don't hit the highway, so it's all good!!,lol

11. Coast GT

The icon that says SMART on the dash on the top left will change colour as the car changes modes. Mine goes from green for Eco and then white for Comfort if I push it a bit harder. I've never bothered to hit it hard enough to have it go into Sport as @MerlintheMad had suggested. If I'm driving it that hard I'll just engage Sport Mode manually. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. rocket23

makes perfect sense

13. sithanas

sithanas United States Newish Member

Also, Smart seems to lock into Comfort mode when you activate cruise control.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rocket23

The whole point of cruise control is comfort......smart !!

15. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

I'm assuming this is just on the gt1 and gt2, because mine doesn't change..base GT.

16. MerlintheMad

Actually, by going into cruise control, or using manual shifting, "Smart" is upstaged.

17. toonmal

toonmal United Kingdom Member

In the UK, our Stingers don't come with a 'Trunk', 'Hood' or 'Fenders'. Also, the steering wheel is on the right hand side :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Ok, I get trunk=boot, hood=bonnet, but fenders are fenders, and yes aussies drive on the same side too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Wan El Guapo

Wan El Guapo Canada Member

In Sport mode the speed shown in the heads-up display goes into Italic font.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rocket23

uoted the wrong mate...was gonna quote the bloke from across the pond......waiter?! check please....

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted