kia stinger store

I'm taking a cross country trip just me and my Stinger

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Every day on a road trip I wash (more like a sponge bath most days, but a full wash upon arrival) my Stinger before going to bed; and at each gas stop I go over the front to get off the bugs. Naturally, I'm curious how much buildup that is on yours! Hah! :D

7k happy miles on my Stinger and I've decided to go from Atlanta to the Pacific and I'm going to be taking lots of pictures along the way
Stopping by Beaumont TX for a family reonion then it's off to whereever
my father died in April and a good friend of mine died in Aug, my friend left me a very nice camera and my dad well Thank you so much for affording me the time and place to do this

so I'm on Instagram if you want to follow the Kraken Stinger and I'll post some pics periodically on this thread
Once you get there the ride up the coast of Ca. all the way up to Seattle is really cool! And what you don't wanna go 5 miles in a 2hr period in Atl for a while? I dont miss that traffic. But rippin thru downtown late night was always fun! Enjoy the trip

adj789

Buford, GA
So Im about to hit my 10k service mark and I called my dealership they said I have to do it there for no cost, my next stop is Phoenix should I at least get an oil change? Wait until I get back?

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
So Im about to hit my 10k service mark and I called my dealership they said I have to do it there for no cost, my next stop is Phoenix should I at least get an oil change? Wait until I get back?
100% Get the oil changed... best thing you can do for your car - especially one with a turbo, or pair of them!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I went c. 1,500 miles past my service period because I was on my way back home after going to GA from Salt Lake city. Since 99% of my driving was on the freeway, I figured that the overshoot was no big deal; especially since I was still well inside the recommended 6K miles interval (normally, in Utah, I change oil every 4K miles).

Marlene

Newish Member
oh, I am so jealous : )

you could also just grab 2 packs of mobil1 5w-30 extended performance oil from a Walmart, and insist dealer to change with customer provided oil.
Happened to me before on a road trip that a kia service in a small town just ignored me and filled with non-synthetic, and then me having them to take it all out and fill with full synthetic. nerve-racking... anyways, just fyi.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
"To the moon, Alice!" :D

KAS

Adelaide, Australia

I Stung U

Great Road Trip... Did you purposely do any long stretches with no turbo boost, to record what's best fuel economy on just eco mode steady cruising ? Curious to see what it can do if just cruising at 65mph for 4-5 steady ?
I've only tested it for 400 km round trip and got apprx. 8.8L/100kms ( 27.3 mpg )... car is more broken in now and I am not sure that is accurate, from the cars fuel computer thingy. I'll be doing a long drive and check it out up here. soon.
New lock downs, I want to take a road trip with the wife to chill and come back same day.

Ulikefishsticks

If you get a chance, I do think going from LA to San Francisco is a great drive taking Route 1. I drove that like 2 months ago when I was on the west coast for work. Unfortunately I only had a rented SUV and I wish I had my stinger. You are doing on your trip what I wanted to do last year before Covid. Now with this new year I don't know if I will have the time or funds with purchasing a new home in my future. I'm sure we are all enjoying living vicariously through your updates.

adj789

Buford, GA
Great Road Trip... Did you purposely do any long stretches with no turbo boost, to record what's best fuel economy on just eco mode steady cruising ? Curious to see what it can do if just cruising at 65mph for 4-5 steady ?
I've only tested it for 400 km round trip and got apprx. 8.8L/100kms ( 27.3 mpg )... car is more broken in now and I am not sure that is accurate, from the cars fuel computer thingy. I'll be doing a long drive and check it out up here. soon.
New lock downs, I want to take a road trip with the wife to chill and come back same day.
Since I got pulled over I've slowed it down, I think Im averaging 26mpg using smart mode and the occasional sport mode

adj789

Buford, GA
If you get a chance, I do think going from LA to San Francisco is a great drive taking Route 1. I drove that like 2 months ago when I was on the west coast for work. Unfortunately I only had a rented SUV and I wish I had my stinger. You are doing on your trip what I wanted to do last year before Covid. Now with this new year I don't know if I will have the time or funds with purchasing a new home in my future. I'm sure we are all enjoying living vicariously through your updates.
Im planning on staying further north I want to see the red wood forrest

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Since I got pulled over I've slowed it down, I think Im averaging 26mpg using smart mode and the occasional sport mode
I got my first warning on my way into TX, approaching Amarillo; was doing 15 above. Since then I've kept my cruising speed below ten (nine you're fine, ten you're mine, philosophy).

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW