Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

How to remove and replace the rear badge on the Kia Stinger

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger How To's and Do It Yourself' started by Kia Stinger, Dec 10, 2017.

1. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

2. junesrig

junesrig United States Active Member Sustaining Member

Did you attempt to use Rubbing Compound prior to placing new script badge on?

3. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

honestly , take this one off then polish the entire section to remove all the marks and re apply

4. Rabbito

Rabbito Australia Newish Member

Looking at getting the rear stinger badge...but it says shipping is $47 to Australia? That correct? Seems expensive for a small item thats only $20 to start with?

5. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

6. Joseph Cahn

Joseph Cahn United States Member

I vote yes to the rubbing compound but don't try to remove what you already did. Just compound around the Stinger letters as best you can and it will look fine most likely.

7. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Believe it or not, it's $46 for me to ship to Australia as well - USPS Priority Mail. USPS First Class, which would take about a week longer, is $13...

@Rabbito

8. Thang

Thang United States Active Member

If you're willing to take off the emblem and put it on again, I'd recommend what the others suggested, polishing out the small scratches and the old emblem oval. When I did mine, I used compound followed by polish.

Also, not trying to be mean but I'm pretty sure that your Stinger badge is quite off centered.
    The right side of the N and the left side of the G should be covering the holes. Looks like you made both the left and right side of the N cover up the holes or the I.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  9. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Welcome aboard.

Use compound and a polisher to ge trid of the scratches and fading. If you dont have experience with polishing or paint correction, I would suggest having someone with experience do it. In order to achieve a better result you will need to remove the emblem.

10. MekstingerGT

MekstingerGT United States Active Member

Did this mod today and it looks great! Everybody should do it. My emblem was on there pretty good. I use the whole string/floss technique but when you get to the pins you can't around around it. I use a heat gun with a flat tip to pry and heat. Make use not to use the high setting. Took the emblem out in 1 piece.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Love this script stinger badge. To combat the light scratches I spray waxed four times before applying the logo and wiped with alcohol in between to level the surface. Came out 80% perfect. A little rubbing will fix it permanently.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. jdogonroad

jdogonroad United States Member

It must be DUMBASS Monday!

Went out to the garage while it was cool to replace all my badges (this is South Georgia). Was working on the rear Kia emblem, and decided I needed stronger string and silicon for the holes. While moving stuff over so I could drive out, I forgot to move the “stinger” emblem from where I had laid it on the hatchback.

Remembered it on way back from Wally World. There it was, lying in the road in front of the driveway. Must have been run over several time, as it was worthless and in four pieces.

I was so irritated, I decided I ought to stop before I destroyed something.

I’m really bummed. Just ordered another from Sal’s place. Grrrrrrrrr

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rydahog

Rydahog United States Member

Use dental floss to remove badge, back and forth... Like a saw.. Works great..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fenweekooo

Fenweekooo Canada Member

well my first attempt at this was so close to successful it hurts. de badging went fine and was easy. and placing the new stinger text went pretty good as far as i could tell at first. then a day later it all came crashing down. I was walking out to the car when it hit me... i put the damn thing on crooked. It reads stin and then ger the first half is straight then it angles down about 1mm. so are they actually 2 pieces? i didn't want to try and separate the first one but if i can leave the first half on i might as well do that and just line the second half up when the replacement gets here.

20180706_054830.jpg

15. StingerNYC

StingerNYC United States Active Member

Yes it's two pieces held together by the adhesive. I had to remove mine, put on new adhesive and reapply. Second time was near perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fenweekooo

Fenweekooo Canada Member

awesome, well if i somehow manage to mess the new one up i will do that and just strip and re apply adhesive

17. gamerguyaz

gamerguyaz United States Newish Member

I'd like to know if this worked to solve the issue with the R coming loose. I actually paid to have this done and it appears mine is coming off in the same manner.

18. Rydahog

Rydahog United States Member

Use dental floss.to remove car badging, back n forth like a saw.. Ez pz..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tobstertx3

Tobstertx3 United States Active Member Texas Stinger Swarm

I left my car in the Houston heat for an hour. Started on the rear badges with fishing line and slowly sawed back and forth. Came off pretty easy. Once off, I used goo gone to remove the remaining adhesive and then buffed it up after. Came out looking good.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  20. DBizzer15

DBizzer15 United States New Member

Followed the instructions from the youtube video, actually used dental floss. Stinger script was really easy, some WD-40 got the residual adhesive. The kia badge was a bear, lots of lots of Goo-Gone. But the end result looks really good. Still thinking about moving the GT logo to the left, but looks good for now. Even though I keep telling myself it's not level....

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted