Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We're so glad you found us. Please click the button below and become a member!
Register Now
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

How much are you willing to pay? (lease)

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by David, Sep 3, 2017.

1. B Sharp

B Sharp United States Member

VA
    That may well be a sales tactic, but it is possible he may also be smoking the curtains. If there are only 1,000 GT2s planned for next year, that would be 1-1/3 GT2s for each of the 755 US Kia dealerships for the entire year.

It also doesn't seem like the first boat is even fully unloaded yet on the east cost and almost 20% of his 2018 quota - 175 GT2s - are already on cars.com. We (or at least I) can only hope that 75% of those to come will not be red (other = hi chroma red vs plain red..........

Stinger GT2.jpeg

2. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

plans can always change depending on demand. if they're only planning on 1000 stinger gts right now, they'll change their tune if they need to product more. maybe they just assume there won't be many v6 sales right now. does anyone know what the camaro ss and mustang gt sell like on a yearly basis?

3. Chris

Chris United States Active Member

MN
    Don't know about those cars but I do know the G80 sold almost 15k units in 2017. 1000 seems like a BS number to me. If that's all they think they can sell they must not think the car is near as good as they would like people to believe..

• Like Like x 1
  4. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

me things that 1000 number is pure dootypoop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. B Sharp

B Sharp United States Member

VA
    Here's a rough guess on the Mustang. Looks like about 80-85,000 Mustangs to be sold in 2017

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/ford/ford-mustang/

On Cars.com, of the approx. 13,700 new '17 & '18 mustangs currently for sale, 5,700, or 40% +/- are GTs. Extrapolating, that would be 28-30k GTs in '17 sales in the US.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CtK

CtK United States New Member

The
    G80 is another ridiculous lease deal. At least for the G80 Sport. $53K 53% residual, MF .00059(which is really low) $1000 down $760 a month!! 36/10K

7. Checkin

Checkin United States New Member

I hope this means ridiculously bad. $760/m for a car with a 56K price tag is flat out robbery. That lease should have have been more than 600 a month with tax. The sale price should have gone down to 51K to make this lease decent (still not good, but decent)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CtK

yup very bad!! I think im gonna end up getting a Q60, since my lease is over in 2 months and none of the Korean cars lease deals are anywhere close to good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jrhodes87

jrhodes87 United States Member

I Just test drove a black GT1. There price on it was 51k, way to high to begin with. They were able to work up a lease number for me around mid 600's. That's with No money down, a 16 Genesis trade in 24k miles on it and about 1k extra rolled in to the stinger for being under water.

Within the hour I was there, I found 3 other black GT1's that were within 20 miles all going for 47k. I didn't tell the dealership I was at, figured I'd go check the other dealers and see what they could work up. I'm looking for a 400-500 lease deal.

10. CtK

According to Kia website, the GT1 suppose to start at $43250. With rebates, it should be less than $40K?? Shouldnt really have to pay more than $450 a month for that car.

I just got a $58K Infiniti Q50S Red Sport. $1500 down, they paid last $1000 of my lease. 39 months $520/month.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jrhodes87

I knew when the guy said the GT1 was 51k they were waaay over priced, but I have yet to find any GT1's online for 43k. Lowest I've found was 45k I think.

12. CtK

If you can wait a couple of months, there will be plenty of them left on the lot.

13. Bigserver1

Bigserver1 United States Member

When the supply/demand equilibrium is reached, no one should be paying more than 500/month + TTL for a GT2, but plenty of people probably still will.

My guess is by the time the ‘19s roll out, the lease deals will start to be better, especially if the G70 is popular and/or successful. If Kia gets their shit together with their money factors on the stinger, 1% deals should be able to be had eventually.

With that said, Hyundai dealers are still trying to commit robbery on G80 sports. I had a dealer tell me on 12/29 that their absolute rock bottom lease with $0 down was $675 a month. On a car with a 56k sticker? Please.

14. CtK

Got about the same quote for a G80 Sport, back in December. The dealership still has the same 3 G80 Sport on their website.

15. jrhodes87

I'm thinking the same thing, when it begins to warm up around here I'll start checking prices again.

16. Bigserver1

Bigserver1 United States Member

Lol, of course they do. The sales guys I’ve talked to all tell me “we can’t keep these on the lot”, yet they always have a few for sale. The G80 Sport is an amazing car, and I’d love to drive one, but you can lease a well equipped BMW 5 series or Mercedes E class for 675 a month or less if you know what you’re doing. Thanks but no thanks Genesis.

If the stinger GT2 can eventually be had for 450-500 (aka MF is low and residuals look decent), sign me up.

Draft saved Draft deleted