Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

How much are you willing to pay? (lease)

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by David, Sep 3, 2017.

1. David

David United States Member

There was a discussion and poll about paying for the car if you are a buyer. This forum is dedicated to potential leasees. How much would you pay for a fully loaded (lets assume $47k USD) Stinger GT?

2. Ecobust

Ecobust United States Newish Member

I'm about to wrap up my first lease, and I'm definitely a fan now. If the return process goes smoothly and I don't end up owning any wear charges, I'll definitely lease again. As for how much I'd pay, I'm prepared to go up to 649 monthly for a loaded GT. I can't imagine a 3yr/15k/0 down lease being any higher than that.

3. Jayce

Jayce United States Active Member

I think I could go for that too Ecobust. I put money down with my Optima lease when I got it, but I don't want to do that this time around.

4. jwhollan

jwhollan United States Active Member

If the estimates of $48k~ish for a fully loaded GT are true, what are you guys expecting the 3 year residual value to be? The K900 has me really worried...

I ask because A) That will obviously play a big part in lease terms, and B) I would really prefer to buy, but I'm trying to figure out if a low residual value would mean that leasing would be a better option or worse? I haven't leased before and am trying to figure it all out, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CTBumpkin

CTBumpkin United States Member

This is a pretty straightforward financial calculation with a few more data. BTW two residual values - what it's actually worth at what would be the end of the lease term if you buy it and what the lease will give you as a residual. As a subjective consideration, most normal people will take a lot better care of a car that they expect to keep. I will!

6. BarryLI

BarryLI United States Active Member

The higher the residual value the less the depreciation the less you pay, the lease cost consists of depreciation + the finance charge.

7. hej

hej United States Active Member Founding Member

I drive way too much for leasing to be feasible

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jayce

I really hope residual would be around 28-30k for the GT Limited. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, because like you said, K900 wasn't that great.

9. Jayce

Lucky for me, I mostly just go to work and back in my vehicle. If we go anywhere else, we take my wife's Dodge Durango. Don't want my kids messing my car up, ha.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CTBumpkin

CTBumpkin United States Member

Per Edmunds, a new car is worth 58% of true market value after 3 years, which would be about $28k. That's an average, of course. I would not depend on a lease residual giving full credit for TMV, though.

11. volnedan

volnedan United States New Member

For a fully loaded GT AWD at $47K I would not pay more than 1% of MSRP, so $470/mo assuming a standard 3 year lease with 12,000 mi/yr. This is with no money down, just start ups due at signing. Ideally I would get a low optioned GT AWD closer to $42k, and shoot for under $400/mo. But the residual and MF won't be desirable at launch, may need to wait 6 months or so.

Anyone that pays over $500/mo lease for this car is insane. There are so many other luxury sport vehicles that can be had in this range.

• Like Like x 1
  12. benanderson89

benanderson89 United Kingdom Member

Mustang's hold their value like crazy in the UK, so I'd easily get my deposit back and probably then-some.
    Estimated Base GT in the UK will be around £41,000 (incl Tax, Delivery etc. etc.)
    I'd get about £9k equity for my Mustang and Kia's often hold about 55% of their value after three years here. Their interest rates are 4.5%. So we're looking somewhere in the region of £275 to £375 a month depending on millage specified. Which would be more than reasonable to me for a twin turbo six-pot.

13. Chris

Chris United States Stinger Enthusiast

275 - 375 might be reasonable, but if you add the 9k in equity that is up another 250 a month over 36 months. 525 - 625 does not sound all that reasonable to me.. I wouldn't pay that in USD let alone GBP.

14. benanderson89

benanderson89 United Kingdom Member

I don't think you understand how it works. Equity means how much money I will have after selling the Mustang.

The stinger GT will be about £41000, which includes everything (tax, registration, delivery, emissions tax)
    I will have £9k equity, minimum, in my Mustang to act as a cash deposit.
    That's £32000 to finance on the Kia.
    Kias hold about 55% of their value after three years. That's £22,500 value in three year's time (called the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value, GMV, in the UK).
    32000 - 22500 = £9500 to finance.
    9500 over 32 months is £263 a month.

Add interest at 4.5% (Kia's rate in the UK) to the 9500 I'm financing and that's £275.76 a month.

After three years I can either pay them £22500 in cash or hand them the car back, using any equity the car may have to buy another or keep as hard cash.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Egotiator

Egotiator United States Newish Member

With $0 down, standard miles and term, truthfully anything above $420/month is pushing it. I would say $450 is max, but hoping it'll be around $399 if the rebates are right.

16. Chris

Chris United States Stinger Enthusiast

I have a hard time seeing that.
    Right now you can get a 66,000 k900 for 699 a month. But that is a 48 mo lease and they are running a special with 11,000 lease cash.

I doubt Kia will offer 11000 right of the bat for the stinger. I would guess you will be super lucky to get a 3 year lease for under 700/mo

17. David

David United States Member

If the leases aren't competitive, no one will buy the Stinger. My local Volvo dealer just offered me 500/mo on a 65k sedan. No way I'm paying 700 for a 50k Stinger.

• Like Like x 2
  18. damtachoa

damtachoa United States Member

I want fully loaded Stinger GT2 for $50K.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

I'm still hoping this happens...

20. Jayce

No way I would pay that either. If you look at the payment calculator for Kias, they offer 0.9% interest over 66 months for purchases. That comes to around 780 for a 50k Stinger if you made no down payment. The lease will have to be a good bit cheaper if they want people to get one. Just my opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted