kia stinger store

Help, My Stinger randomly shuts down

Grimfear

Newish Member
Never got an answer but it hasn't done it since I took it in. They only thing I found was I had the recall done on the wiring harness on the driver side. I looked at it and it wasn't loose (dealer checked it as well) But they did miss the zip tie on that one. I tied it up just in case. But I don't have anything definitive and no shock its really hard to replicate.

SafetyPilotCal

Steven4976

Hey Guys, I've got a really weird issue I'm trying to fix. 2018 Stinger GT2 AWD. What will happen is I will sometimes be in traffic or at a light and the engine will shutoff as normal. Then occasionally all of the lights, controls anything electrical goes black and turns off. No buttons in the cabin work.

I usually pull out my key and hold it to the ignition and try hitting start---nothing
I hit buttons on the key fob---nothing
I flail about in the cabin hitting things--nothing
Finally I open and close the door. Then Finally I get a door ajar light. then other lights come on like the system is rebooting and I can start the car again and go on my way.

I've even come out to it in my driveway completely dead. I had to use the physical key to open the door and after trying buttons for a while it will come on again.

I just bought it used in May so its still under warrenty but I have no clue what could be happening and since I can't figure out a way to reproduce it the Techs are having a hard time as well.

My Kia dealer has it now and has run it through battery, alternator, etc checks and is not finding anything wrong.

Thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone else had heard or experienced anything similar before?

Thanks
My 2018 awd limited...is doing the same exact thing. Almost 20k miles and this is my first issue, but sounds bad.......calling roadside and towing tomorrow

r25latoya

Hey Guys, I've got a really weird issue I'm trying to fix. 2018 Stinger GT2 AWD. What will happen is I will sometimes be in traffic or at a light and the engine will shutoff as normal. Then occasionally all of the lights, controls anything electrical goes black and turns off. No buttons in the cabin work.

I usually pull out my key and hold it to the ignition and try hitting start---nothing
I hit buttons on the key fob---nothing
I flail about in the cabin hitting things--nothing
Finally I open and close the door. Then Finally I get a door ajar light. then other lights come on like the system is rebooting and I can start the car again and go on my way.

I've even come out to it in my driveway completely dead. I had to use the physical key to open the door and after trying buttons for a while it will come on again.

I just bought it used in May so its still under warrenty but I have no clue what could be happening and since I can't figure out a way to reproduce it the Techs are having a hard time as well.

My Kia dealer has it now and has run it through battery, alternator, etc checks and is not finding anything wrong.

Thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone else had heard or experienced anything similar before?

Thanks
Did you find out what was wrong because I'm having the same issue

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

DARKNESS07

I just had this same general issue happen with my Stinger (2019). I came to the internet looking for similar situations.

The first time they replaced the body control module after the car stopped working at an intersection. The second time they replaced the wiring harness after the car turned off while moving. It's a scary problem which I hope that this repair fixes.

Luc343

Rhodes, Sydney NSW
Could it be the battery is a bit low causing the issue for the key button?

One time I picked up my second key button by mistake and the car complained that the key button was not in the car. I then got my normal key button and it worked. I just put it down to a low battery in the second key button I have.