Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Help! GT2 chugging

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Anden L Schmitt, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Anden L Schmitt

Anden L Schmitt United States Member

I dont have a catback.... jesus your ignorance is boundless. Lol thanks for making my day

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Merp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ecko04

ecko04 Active Member

This is nonsensical. But now there’s an issue that’s impossible to troubleshoot because the “quick” installing RaceChip lacks an ability to log. An issue that is directly related to the modification cannot be accurately diagnosed because the uninstall of the superior product takes an additional 3 minutes.

It’s possible to have a JB4 that is completely plug-n-play and disconnects without leaving a trace, if that’s what you desire.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anden L Schmitt

Ultimately, your point is exactly why this morning i decided to buy JB4, because it has active logging and monitoring, and tbh I'd rather have that and the ability to clear codes and risk a minor blemish that a deep scan from a mechanic can detect than the racechip risking the implosion of my turbos

5. Anden L Schmitt

Can you provide me with a link or info so that I can achieve this once my JB4 arrives?

6. Meckman

Meckman United States Member

Maybe try 93 octane instead of 91. I have a racechip that I run with 93 octane. I normally run sport mode, but have run Race mode several times and have no issues. If you have to run 91, maybe run something like boostane instead of lucas oil. I know VMP (mustang guys) run that to up their octane levels. I will caution you about boostane to not run it all the time since it’s a bit harsh on the plugs.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Anden L Schmitt

Lucas octane booster bud, so i was running 97 octane fuel.

8. Meckman

I read that, I’m just saying you are putting a lot of faith in that Lucas oil octane booster that you can get at walmart. I’ve seen videos that a lot of those octane boosters over rate their claims a lot. Your 97 octane that you are claiming was probably more like 92 maybe 93. Just saying you might want to use a quality octane booster like Boostane. A lot of racers use Boostane.

9. luter200

luter200 United States Newish Member

Yeah I had mine do the same the other day. It has something to do with the AFR dipping down too rich, then coming back up under full throttle. I haven't found a solution for it yet, but I can definitely see it in my jb4 logs. It is the most irritating thing ever cause its probably taking off a good amount of hp & tq under load. Also had a friend tell me the other day after doing a pull that the exhaust was burning really rich under full throttle (on only Map2). So for sure its something to do with the AFR on this car.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Anden L Schmitt

Doesnt JB4 adjust the AFR so this doesnt happen?

11. luter200

Yeah it's supposed to but some instances it's still dipping down around 10 which is really rich.

12. Anden L Schmitt

So what would happen is @Terry@BMS would do a patch for your unit or what?

13. Anden L Schmitt

Has anyone came across a post about adjusting the Wastegate on our KIA stingers?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019 at 2:39 PM
  14. Meckman

?????

Attached Files:

15. Anden L Schmitt

Fixed

16. ecko04

ecko04 Active Member

Sorry, I didn’t read the full thread. Are your fuel wires for the JB4 connected to PIN 1 of the O2 sensors?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 10:03 PM
  17. Anden L Schmitt

I don't have Jb4, in this post I have Racechip

18. ecko04

ecko04 Active Member

I was asking about @luter200 who mentioned dropping to the 10s in AFR with the JB4. Just wanted to know if the fuel wires were connected when this occurred.

19. luter200

@ecko04 - Yes my fuel wires are connected. I had someone tell me that its normal for the AFR to drop down to rich with turbo vehicles so I'm guessing thats normal anyway.

20. Anden L Schmitt

Contact @Terry@BMS and send him your logs, I'm pretty sure he can fix that issue for you. I hope lol

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: