Has anyone seen any Stingers in the wild?

bfglitch

So in the US you indeed do need to drive as in the movies? zigzagging
Yes, unfortunately many people don't seem to comprehend that you should stay to the right unless you're passing. People here just stay in whatever lane they wind up in. Some even go immediately from the on ramp all the way over to the left lane even if no one is in front of them. It's mind boggling.

I LOVED it when I visited Europe. For the most part, people stayed out of the left lane unless they were passing. It was wonderful. Also for the most part they knew how to handle traffic circles out there.

rpoffen

Stinger Enthusiast
California
Yes, unfortunately many people don't seem to comprehend that you should stay to the right unless you're passing. People here just stay in whatever lane they wind up in. Some even go immediately from the on ramp all the way over to the left lane even if no one is in front of them. It's mind boggling.

I LOVED it when I visited Europe. For the most part, people stayed out of the left lane unless they were passing. It was wonderful. Also for the most part they knew how to handle traffic circles out there.
I agree, those clichés about Prius drivers hogging the left lane are 100% true, only it’s more than just Prius’s.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

stoopid

1000 Posts Club!
Las Vegas, NV
He's (she?, it?) is clearly in a hurry... Folks in the left lane were impeding this driver. Must go around. Typical and expected here in this area.
My favorite part is when the white pickup to my right speeds up, probably to block in the 'jerk in the Stinger' in front of me, but the Stinger waits until the very last second to move in front of the pickup to pass the car they were tailgating. I mean they had like many seconds to go around that car but opted to effectively cut off the pickup. Then they took a less effective/efficient path around the second car in front of me. Definitely a novice driver with no vision for how to get around in traffic.

You may notice I backed off a bit when I saw how aggressively the Stinger was tailgating. I can haul in light traffic on this road, but when it's busy I find trying to squeeze through like they were more stress than it's worth. They didn't get too far ahead before hitting a general slow down, so all that effort to buy maybe 10 seconds time in getting to their destination.

Agree 100% on moving over. I'm not even sure where the dark Stinger came from, I went back a bit in my video footage and they were nowhere in sight even at the last on ramp. I can only assume they were booking ass the whole way from wherever. They're clearly a case of Dunning Kruger in motion. They think they're a good enough driver to drive like this, but it's clear to me in this video they lack the driving smarts to do it safely.

Last edited:

Ric 'Ochet

Stinger Enthusiast
85A31971-2D3D-4A75-BFEE-7B309DF656C0.jpeg Seeing a lot more around the neighborhood as of late…red, white, and gray allover

KAS

Adelaide, Australia

Same issue here in Australia. We have signs that say “keep left unless overtaking” but people will stay in the right lane for kilometre after kilometre even though they’re going under the speed limit and others are overtaking them in the left lanes. Morons.

RogueIV

Stinger Enthusiast

I was up in Europe, roadtripping back in 2018. People there drove so much more civilized, almost like they all had proper training. It was one of the most enjoyable times I've had cruising in a fairly lame diesel hatchback. No one gatekeeping the passing lane and minimal other bafoonary. Best part is people understand how to use Rotaries (aka: trafic circles, round-a-bouts, ect) and they seem to be designed effectively. There was still the occassional asshat in a BMW being aggressive but not nearly as bad as back home here.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Devin

Sustaining Member
Seattle-ish
Same issue here in Australia. We have signs that say “keep left unless overtaking” but people will stay in the right lane for kilometre after kilometre even though they’re going under the speed limit and others are overtaking them in the left lanes. Morons.
You send your right lane bandits here and we'll send our lefties to your place and it should just be a natural transition.

Saw three recently. Two in my area and one up north.

white.PNG

blue.PNG

white2.PNG

The white one in the last frame was my first random Stinger owner acknowledgement.

davebo

Stinger Enthusiast
Rockville, MD
So two days ago I'm almost home in Gaithersburg and I notice a yellow GT right behind me. Hadn't seen a yellow one since 2018 so it was pretty neat to see, but I believe it looked like they had the redesigned KIA badge on the front. So, am I correct in thinking that the Stinger hasn't been sold in yellow since the initial 400 to North America in 2018? Did this person just upgrade the badge, or possibly repaint/wrap a newer Stinger in yellow? I want to say it did look slightly paler than Sunset Yellow, but that could have been the lighting or my tinted window or rear view mirror so I'm not sure.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
50/50 guess, with no way to resolve it. :p I'd go with rebadging the OEM Sunset Yellow with the new KIA logo, as the more likely answer.

NOVA718

Drove side to side with a red GT on I-95 northbound (Philly side) in traffic yesterday while coming back from work. Though didn't get any acknowledgement from my wave or honk :(

Ric 'Ochet

Stinger Enthusiast
37A1F9A0-DE33-4F55-B766-ABCF42C4CCEC.jpeg
Had the Midwest Stinger meet last weekend..more showed up but this was the end where I got a good shot.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
View attachment 73371
Had the Midwest Stinger meet last weekend..more showed up but this was the end where I got a good shot.
One Silky Silver, as exclusive as Fed Orange, who would have thought? :D (But no Indigo/Deep Chroma Blue, so, the most exclusive of all not represented: can't tell if any of those "Black" Stingers or the one in front are Panthera Metal?, hmm.)