• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Has anyone seen any Stingers in the wild?

eljay

1000 Posts Club!
SoCal
I've been distracted by other things and haven't been getting notifications of my watched threads for some reason, plus I haven't seen any Stingers in the wild recently to remind me to check in with you all, but I'm still here. Only Stinger I've seen was on a listing on Zillow, haha. Needed to post this to maybe get me back on the notifications?

Good for you, @MerlintheMad, for being the Stinger Secret Santa!

Deviate

Stinger Enthusiast
Venice, Florida
TB Stingers had a get together today. @MerlintheMad heres a rare occurrence pic for ya

Attachments

• 20220507_140234.jpg
    20220507_140234.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 15

Ric 'Ochet

Stinger Enthusiast
788455D6-605F-4F21-BB52-476059B53B2D.jpeg
Does it get any more rare than seeing ANOTHER GTS, in the same town, parked on the same street where you’re having dinner? Being there were only 800 made and I know of 6 that were totaled I’d say pretty,,,pretty….rare. #teamorange

Deviate

Stinger Enthusiast
Venice, Florida
View attachment 70623
Does it get any more rare than seeing ANOTHER GTS, in the same town, parked on the same street where you’re having dinner? Being there were only 800 made and I know of 6 that were totaled I’d say pretty,,,pretty….rare. #teamorange
Nice!

Ozstung

5000 Posts Club!
Western Sydney.
Don't seem to get notifications on older threads anymore, had 5 pages to read. Its rare for me to drive to the nearest regional town and not see at least one Stinger on the way there or back. That being a 68km round trip. In my village there's one grey resident Stinger and two holiday season Stingers being a white and yellow.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

rpoffen

Stinger Enthusiast
California
Don't seem to get notifications on older threads anymore, had 5 pages to read. Its rare for me to drive to the nearest regional town and not see at least one Stinger on the way there or back. That being a 68km round trip. In my village there's one grey resident Stinger and two holiday season Stingers being a white and yellow.
You only get one notification until you read it.
If you miss an email notification, you won’t get any more until you happen to read the thread again.

davebo

Stinger Enthusiast
Rockville, MD
You know, now that you mention it, I haven't seen another yellow since the whole fiasco with the paint recall. I wonder if the few in my area didn't keep them because they were unhappy with the respray job from their local bodyshop, or if I'm just not on the road enough these days to see them. Four years later I imagine there are a lot fewer than the initial 400 left on the road. Kinda sad.

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
Does a Stinger sighting on television count? In the new KIA advert showing the remote-control parking feature of the new Sorento there's a black or dark grey Stinger on the left of the silver Sorento.

Six totalled! That's a pretty high percentage - and pretty sad, too.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Licorice

Saw my doppleganger (well, except for roof wrap and rims) this morning, just on the southern edge of London ... I was crossing through the intersection just as he came to the stop sign. I waved, he waved back :thumbup:

Attachments

• stinger doppleganger.jpg
    stinger doppleganger.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 12

Ric 'Ochet

Stinger Enthusiast
Does a Stinger sighting on television count? In the new KIA advert showing the remote-control parking feature of the new Sorento there's a black or dark grey Stinger on the left of the silver Sorento.

Six totalled! That's a pretty high percentage - and pretty sad, too.
Yeah, I’ve been following the boards a while now and that’s the count I know of, not including others that may have been destroyed by people trying to drift them lol.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

davebo

Stinger Enthusiast
Rockville, MD
Did I miss a meet-up or something? Just picked up groceries at Giant in Rockville, MD and what looked in my side view mirror like an almost matte grey Stinger (but maybe just a stock grey) gave me a double-honk, then saw a ceramic silver leaving the parking lot 10 seconds later.

eljay

1000 Posts Club!
SoCal
Did I miss a meet-up or something? Just picked up groceries at Giant in Rockville, MD and what looked in my side view mirror like an almost matte grey Stinger (but maybe just a stock grey) gave me a double-honk, then saw a ceramic silver leaving the parking lot 10 seconds later.
It's a day for multiples. I saw two within 5 minutes today, a white one pulling into a repair shop driveway in Whittier, and then a black one leaving the PIH hospital campus 2 miles down the road. Waved at both, but since we're all tinted, don't know if they noticed. I rarely see any in Whittier that aren't either black or white. I'd say we're a boring town, but prefer to say we're classically understated.

No pics...live in east central WI...seen a white Scorpion edition twice...today on HWY 23 traveling west towards HWY 49...saw a white Scorpion edition about a month ago traveling north on HWY 49. Any Stinger in my region is a rare sight. Are you on our forum?

JUMBO PALACE

Central NJ
Met the owner of a 2018 in yellow I've seen a few times. I was hanging out a few minutes at Wawa (no way that breakfast sandwich was coming in the car with me) and saw him pull in. Nice guy. Said he had seen me around as well and knew how many GTS's there are. Wonder if he's a forum user.

amehring1982

Met the owner of a 2018 in yellow I've seen a few times. I was hanging out a few minutes at Wawa (no way that breakfast sandwich was coming in the car with me) and saw him pull in. Nice guy. Said he had seen me around as well and knew how many GTS's there are. Wonder if he's a forum user.
I’ve seen a yellow one (likely that one) around twice now.

Deviate

Stinger Enthusiast
Venice, Florida
2 blue and 1 white on I4. All 3 headed towards Tampa. Not together though. Midday today

Edit.
And a black on 75S in Bradenton around 1130 tonight

Last edited: