1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Harman Kardon Headphone Promotion

Discussion in 'Stingers Down Under' started by TB 00, May 13, 2018.

1. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

Can’t wait to get my survey as they will get a what for!

2. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

I received nothing from Kia AU & I got mine 31st Nov. 17.

3. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Check the "SPAM" section of your email address..haha:):rofl::rofl:

4. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Hahaha, I have a email folder for all related emails on purchase if it came in I would have placed it there, good thought though.

5. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

Yay! Got my headphones today! Thank goodness I didn't stash the dead porch plant in the garage as I'd planned, since it hid the box nicely from the porch pirates until I got home with a new plant this afternoon.

Very nice, KMA (Kia Motors America)! :)

If any of you are still waiting, they're evidently going out regionally, not by purchase date, as I bought Dec. 28th.

6. Bothor

Bothor Australia Newish Member

The only gift I got from Kia was my car delivered with complimentary swirl marks (and the owner of the dealership effectively telling me "Too bad, so sad"). My detailer said all the Stinger's he's worked on so far have been just as bad before correction. My 19k Mitsubishi came with better paint (only very minor micro scratches which is fair enough), as well as the overall experience was significantly better - they didn't try to screw me at every opportunity.

Love the car, do not love the dealership experience. When Kia Australia called me to ask how the car is, I told them about everything and they said I should have rang them... sure, who knows to call Kia Australia - the dealers are their representatives why should I have to know to call Kia Australia about any problem I have? Not keen on Kia Australia either after that.

7. DCBStingerGT

I had a similar dealership experience, my car had some hazing on the Deep Chroma Blue, and still has a mark on the rear lower black skirt that houses the exhaust tips, on the day of delivery i asked for the cleaning guy to fix it, it seemed ok at the time but seems to have reappeared, will bring it up on my 3 month service.

Hey there @Bothor , which suburbs in melbourne are you from?

8. Bothor

I'm from east/south east area (city of Knox). I've got the deep chroma blue as well (side-note, finally getting the bi-modal exhaust today!). Since my detailer corrected the paint it is in good nick now, except for one (thankfully very minor and non-obvious) mark from an unfortunate incident involving the stupid not-so-"smart hatch" that thought my garage wall was me... thanks to my Kia dealer again for not telling me about this feature - I immediately turned it off afterwards.

I've definitely learnt some lessons from this whole experience, next time I buy a car I'll pay my detailer half a day to come with me to the dealer whenever I pick a new car up again (including refusing delivery if they won't fix issues), and I will go over the dealers head every time they give me any grief. It sucks as it makes you look like a difficult customer but you otherwise get walked all over.

9. DCBStingerGT

Awesome, i had the Bi-modal exhaust on my paperwork, but had it removed as the system was not available at time of delivery, are you having Ceramic Coating applied as well to protect the paintwork, the Deep Chroma Blue is beautiful, but like black paintwork, you can see all the swirls, fingerprints..etc, it's such a delicate colour.
    Im from the northern suburbs.

10. Bothor

Yep already got a ceramic coating (ceramic pro) applied by my detailer. I've found the hood pretty much stays clean all the time in the rainy season as the air flow takes the water + dirt with it. The sides/rear however getting very dirty as the air doesn't really hit it. Liking the coating so far.

11. RedOnDaInside

RedOnDaInside United States Member

Got mine today. Haha

12. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

What colour ?

13. RedOnDaInside

RedOnDaInside United States Member

Didn’t take it out the box yet!

14. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

I'LL take that's as a black then.

15. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

And has more features.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ctru

Ctru United States New Member

Does purchasing the GT base model puts you in the running for this promotion?

17. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Stinger Enthusiast

I haven't received diddly.

18. Bryan2.0

Bryan2.0 United States Active Member

They are for the first 15,000 Stinger owners or lease in the US. They have not sold that many Stingers yet so if you have one, you will get headphones. The trim level does not matter either.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NYLAWBIZ

We'll see . . .

• Like Like x 1
  20. NYLAWBIZ

Still waiting . . .

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted