kia stinger store

General questions about Kia Stinger

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
So I bought a GT1 this past weekend and then came here and see people are having some issues with the cars? So I've been wondering a couple things.

1) Are these vehicles dependable to drive 15-20K a year as everyday back and forth car to work?
2) Are the problems people have with the brakes/rotors because they drive them hard or race them?
3) Is Kia a pain to deal with only on the stinger or every Kia car?
4) Since the G70 is same vehicle basically, do they have the same issues that are posted here?
5) Will these cars last 100k or more or its too early to tell since they haven't been around long enough?

I have another vehicle I can drive to work about 100 miles a day so if I need to baby this I can, just trying to get my expectations lined up. Thanks for any response!

Steven

1) I'm in a similar boat as well. I just bought my 22' in June and already have over 6K miles, from driving 120 miles a day just for work. Outside of the 22 door handle problem, I have no issues yet.

2) Brakes are good for me so far, but I am a very modest braker, unless I don't have a choice.

3) Having owned many brands, premium, luxury, and, normal, Kia is by far the worst in my personal experience. Both dealers and corporate.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

NIU_Huskies

same window, back left.
the window shouldnt go out this soon, ive probably rolled it up and down 5 times in its life, car only has 3800k.
Have an appointment with the nearest Kia dealer in November to look at the window. I will be charged a $130 diagnostics fee unless it is determined it can be claimed under warranty. Considering its a 2019 with less than 12,000 miles I'd assume everything is under warranty.

@n8hegr8 You have an appointment sooner than I. Would you mind posting the results of your appointment, the issue, and how long the fix was? I can't leave the dealer my car if they need to wait for parts to come from Korea. They will just have to call me back in once the parts arrive.

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
1) I'm in a similar boat as well. I just bought my 22' in June and already have over 6K miles, from driving 120 miles a day just for work. Outside of the 22 door handle problem, I have no issues yet.

2) Brakes are good for me so far, but I am a very modest braker, unless I don't have a choice.

3) Having owned many brands, premium, luxury, and, normal, Kia is by far the worst in my personal experience. Both dealers and corporate.

What's the door handle issue?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
The "door handle issue" is when a 2022 model's grab handle pulls out of the door panel/card: build dates affected are, as I recall, January through April, 2021 (but you won't see this, because I am on "ignore").

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

n8hegr8

Have an appointment with the nearest Kia dealer in November to look at the window. I will be charged a $130 diagnostics fee unless it is determined it can be claimed under warranty. Considering its a 2019 with less than 12,000 miles I'd assume everything is under warranty.

@n8hegr8 You have an appointment sooner than I. Would you mind posting the results of your appointment, the issue, and how long the fix was? I can't leave the dealer my car if they need to wait for parts to come from Korea. They will just have to call me back in once the parts arrive.
yes i will post how it goes n such..