Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Gas mileage has went downhill...

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by StingerNYC, Jan 9, 2019.

1. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Many variables on fuel mileage. Wind resistance/direction. Vehicle speed. Drive mode. Terrain. Altitude. Fuel. Injectors dirty.
    Try to avoid fuel with ethanol in it. I have a lot of 10% ethanol in my area which hurts numbers. Also winter blends are lighter and have somewhat less latent heat capacity which is the problem with ethanol.

2. RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF United States Active Member

I only have 1600mi, but I seem to get better mileage in COMFORT than in ECO. Not that it's great either way... especially if you add in ANY stop and go.

3. Mike_TX

Mike_TX United States Active Member

My mileage has went (ouch) UPhill. Of course, I only have the puny 4-cyl (lol), but with my mostly city driving (about 90% city, maybe 10% at most freeway), I'm getting 23.0-23.5. It has improved since i got a couple thousand miles on the clock.

That's a good 1.5-2.0 mpg better than my 2.0T Optimas.

(And yes, those are computer numbers, but I don't believe they are far off.)

4. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States Stinger Enthusiast

commute on Eco about 65 miles daily and get 25 mpg driving about 70mph. Happy with the my MPGs considering the mostrous performance this car has.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dummyinacan

Dummyinacan United States Member

How in the world do you guys get such high mpg? Lol I barely manage to get 15.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

It's all in the foot. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Svet

Svet United States Member

Mine has been creeping up with the warmer weather getting here. It was 70 today and I got 28mpg on my 20 mile trip home from work today. Just creeped over 300 miles for the tank. I think this may have been my best tank yet as I purchased my gt2 in October...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. MerlintheMad

I've noticed this too. When my car was still "breaking in" (under 600 miles) a fill up would show a "Range" in the 290s. During the winter I dipped back down into the 290s a couple of times' usually the Range showed over 300 with either side of 310 being average. Just this afternoon I gassed up and my Range was 333.

9. Svet

Svet United States Member

My range after a fill up is usually 319 or so and if memory serves it has always been that way. This is the first time I’ve gotten >300 miles on a tank but I also usually don’t let the gas get this low. As far as the OBC I avg 23.6 mpg on that tank and today was the only true warm day. I am thinking I’ll be able to get at least 25mpg on a tank if not better in a month or so

10. Sasben

Sasben United States Member

Winter gas blend definitely is an impact and not one I was used to for a while since moving to the states. That and the tire swap perhaps

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MerlintheMad

I hadn't even heard the term "winter blend" till I got on this forum. :) And when I put on my Nitto Motivo A/S I thought I saw a slight reduction in mpg too. I still think that the Michelin Pilots contribute to better gas mileage.

12. Pnbnationsbest

Pnbnationsbest United States Member

The best I have seen at ANY point was 21.1 and that was on a day that we got to 60* with the cruise on....
    I normally get 17-18 on my 15.1 mile all highway commute

13. GRStinger

GRStinger United States Active Member

Yup. Same here. I had it explained to my once... I either forgot or wasn't paying attention :D... but you always get better mileage in warmer weather. To my simple way of thinking, the fuel is going to vaporize a little better given a few more degrees. I've noticed it in every fuel-injected in car I've owned (vs. carb'ed) But, what do I know. In northern climes, with a big range of temps that we drive our cars in, there's a noticeable difference. BTW, in my normal daily driving I get maybe 19-20 mpg. On long freeway runs in Eco - 28/29 mpg.

14. martha william

martha william Pakistan Newish Member

To add, I did make one change since October. I got new wheels/tires, but they are the exact same size and weigh less, so I do not see how that could affect it negatively.

Draft saved Draft deleted