Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT Electronically Controlled Dump Valves - GOAT! - Review

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by DaBears4Lyfe, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

The last few runs will probably be better than the closed run even if the exhaust makes no difference. The later runs will be with warmer tires and the car will be a little lighter from the burned fuel.

2. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Active Member

How does this sound dumped right after the downpipe? I’m sure It’s really loud. I’ve heard some cars run just off the downpipes and most cars do not sound good. Sure it’s loud but not in a good way.

3. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Active Member

FYI when I was on the dyno when I got my jun evc installed with downpipes we did back to back runs. One with valves closed then open and it was 15whp on a low reading mustang dyno.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States Active Member

Its really loud and deep, but doesnt sound forced or ricey. Ill have some HQ videos done on Sunday and hopefully they will get posted shortly afterwards.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States Stinger Enthusiast

Maybe @TorkMe the resident ecu expert could weigh in? Given ECU adaption time, what should be better:
    A. Opening the cut out between the cats at the starting line
    B. Using a secondary cat delete and aftermarket catback with an ecu thats well adjusted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaBears4Lyfe

Thanks! Ya or even like one suggest getting a couple pulls prior to the line (on the way to the track) to get it adjusted and warmed up lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TorkMe

TorkMe United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States Stinger Enthusiast

I suspect you would get some of the benefit immediately with the reduced back pressure and fast spool time. It wouldn't be as dependent on the ecu like adding higher octane were the ecu has to notice and adjust to take advantage. Just my guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DaBears4Lyfe

Yes I agree.

Here was a response from another. Figured id post it here since hes not in this thread:

"Reduced back pressure allows the turbo to work more efficiently, so less WGDC will be required to hit the same boost target. There isn't much adaption needed. These cars run full time closed loop boost, timing, and AFR."

My post in that thread as well:

"I feel a big difference everytime i open them.

There are videos on gains from cutouts heres one i found. This is not our platform but everyone will be different depending on restriction and we have ALOT of it. I plan on dynoing my car within the next month or so. I'll have the charts of them opened and closed."

10. Get Stung

Get Stung United States Active Member

I have dragy and the same set up as you enroute. We WILL get to the bottom of this in the near future.

Oh and I got the remote too:)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. AKStinger

AKStinger United States Member

Any chance there’s enough room under there to run a second set of straight pipes just a few feet farther back?

12. DaBears4Lyfe

You would have to run them on the side. If you run it under the exhaust you may have clearance issues if you go over speed bumps or high angled driveways.

13. Dannyboi

Dannyboi United States Newish Member

This is great man! Looking to do this in the future... it will be easy because I live only like 10 minutes away from the shop that did it for you. But I’ll wait till I’m a lil older to have a loud ass car

14. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia United States Active Member

I kept the cutout valves and turndowns (also BadlanzHPE) from my Mustang for this exact reason. I haven't fully committed to putting them on, but I have them if I choose. I would just need to buy a couple more Y pipes, and this time I want to run the remote system rather than a physical switch so all the wiring can be in the spare tire well and to the cutouts - minimum intrusion into the cabin doing wiring.

The only thing I don't like about running aftermarket cutouts is they tend to seize over time if you run them all year with salt covered winter roads, so I take them off in winter. This is a bit of a hassle and I'm getting lazier over time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaBears4Lyfe

Ya I plan to wd-40 them during my oil changes through the winter (salty) months. Should be fine as long as you keep maintaining them through the winter time.

16. Get Stung

Get Stung United States Active Member

Got some base runs in pre dump valves via dragy. I will follow up post installation. I found my welder today close to home. Should have some results soon.
    Also got my first ticket in years, 3 days in on the dragy.
    Dont figure right?

Got it in my wife's sorrento 42mph in a 35. True story... Lord only knows what's to come.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Grewzuff

Grewzuff United States Member

Looking forward to you results . 7 over really...

18. DaBears4Lyfe

You can check out the dump valves in this video. My car is the first one to do the drive by at the meet and the second car reving out of the 3 that showed off their exhaust.

19. Grewzuff

Grewzuff United States Member

Nm 2nd car reving

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018 at 7:54 PM
  20. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

Best exhaust at 6:45 mark! :laugh:

Draft saved Draft deleted