kia stinger store

Drive Modes and Throttle Controllers - Newbie Confusion

SoCalSHO

Diamond Bar, Ca
The windbooster will not add any more power than you already have, i doubt it will help you close the gap any more than u can do right now without it. It will add a smile to your face. Hard to explain. But I was def in the doubting group until there was a group buy on them. Happy I got it.

It shows 100% guarantee on their web site. Send them an email, see if you can return it if u dont like it.

Blksmk

Newish Member
Unfortunately you're comparing apples to bananas.. supercharger vs turbo are different animals in for forced induction world... I suggest reading Maximum boost by corky bell

Turbos these day don't lag nearly as bad from 10 years ago...

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Nice write up @Maxmad, I have the iDrive EVC, I drive the car now predominatly in Comfort mode.
I first had it set to Automatic Control, then after some time I have played around with the various settings until I found one that suits me. I now use setting U3 in Comfort mode it’s almost like being in Sport mode.
I now only switch to Sport when I want to have some fun.
IMO they do make a difference to your throttle response & you‘ll just have to play with the settings to find one that’s suits your driving style.

Maxmad

The windbooster will not add any more power than you already have, i doubt it will help you close the gap any more than u can do right now without it. It will add a smile to your face. Hard to explain. But I was def in the doubting group until there was a group buy on them. Happy I got it.

It shows 100% guarantee on their web site. Send them an email, see if you can return it if u dont like it.
Good idea! They are just around the corner from me - so I might even be able to drop in and talk to the directly. Thanks for the tip.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Maxmad

Unfortunately you're comparing apples to bananas.. supercharger vs turbo are different animals in for forced induction world... I suggest reading Maximum boost by corky bell

Turbos these day don't lag nearly as bad from 10 years ago...
Thanks for that. I just downloaded it. Might be a bit heavy going for me - but I have started to read it.

Back in the day I had a Pulsar ET turbo (I know - I am old). It was scary when the turbo kicked in - especially if you were trying to turn a corner or something (as the front wheels would go light and the steering would get super vague). Glad times have changed ... and glad that the Stinger is rear wheel drive!

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Maxmad

Nice write up @Maxmad, I have the iDrive EVC, I drive the car now predominatly in Comfort mode.
I first had it set to Automatic Control, then after some time I have played around with the various settings until I found one that suits me. I now use setting U3 in Comfort mode it’s almost like being in Sport mode.
I now only switch to Sport when I want to have some fun.
IMO they do make a difference to your throttle response & you‘ll just have to play with the settings to find one that’s suits your driving style.
Thanks Stinger GT SS. I really value the feedback from people who actually use these little black boxes.

I like the idea of being able to have the best of Sport mode ... but in Comfort mode (no need to dial it to Sport every time you drive, no issues with the car holding gears at high revs way longer than I want it to). So your setting sounds somewhere close to how I would think that I would use it.

shoengine

Thanks Stinger GT SS. I really value the feedback from people who actually use these little black boxes.

I like the idea of being able to have the best of Sport mode ... but in Comfort mode (no need to dial it to Sport every time you drive, no issues with the car holding gears at high revs way longer than I want it to). So your setting sounds somewhere close to how I would think that I would use it.
You can manage the gear holding using the throttle. Just have to blip it and the transmission will kick down just like in any other auto.

With that said, I really appreciate holding lower gears longer as it facilitates better launches.