Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Doors and sunroof very loud

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Gus23J, Sep 23, 2018.

1. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

sleep on it , mine was crap until they fixed it , now I'm loving it . I would completely understand moving on ...............good luck

2. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Crazy how some people are offered a full refund while some others (forgot the name of the guy here) that the engineer calls it within spec and basically "too bad for you." Dont know what to think.

3. westcoastGT

Keep the faith , thats 2 owners that's have been offered exchange / refund ...............dealers can't do that , only Kia can , keep the pressure on bud !!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  4. StingerDog18

StingerDog18 Australia Member

Hello & Yes I Have,! I have 2018 stinger Gt & have had an ongoing problem with the Sunroof to the point that it has gone in 3 times in an attempt to fix & no luck Kia wanted me to bring it in again for a 4th time to completely remove # attempt to fix the Sunroof frame only to put the same crap back in. I told them unless they could guarantee that this would fix the problem once & for all, Then no chance they are going to pull the car apart..They now have offered me to replace for brand new car or full refund.. Now I have to decide what to do? . And yes there seems to be a lot of creaks & squeaks coming from the door seals more then I would expect!..
    Clearly the issue is a problem & has not been addressed. my probs started 2 months into ownership.
    If you take it in you must demand a full replacement of the the Sunroof as they have no idea on how to fix it & all they will do is damage other parts of your car in the process as they did mine. Kia will recommend a fix which won't work & will be a total waste of time. kia are now aware of this because of my issue..
    Good luck!

5. StingerDog18

StingerDog18 Australia Member

HEY!.. I have the same problem with the sunroof on my GT. It started just 2 months into ownership. The problem is worse when the car has been sitting out in the hot sun for a few hours . The Rattle & creeks begin & are very annoying. It is mostly from the front part above the windscreen . After 3 failed attempts at the dealership to try & fix it they have now agreed to replace or full refund for the car!. They clearly have not been able to figure out what the problem is.. Now I have to decide if I really want to risk it again or take the money & run .. Ashame really as I love this car! .
    Pete

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Manuel001

Manuel001 Spain New Member

Hi, I purchased my GT2 in Southern California in Dec 2018 and from the beginning the sunroof creaking has driven me crazy. I’ve taken to the dealer twice before and they did not do anything further than adjusting/ greasing and that didn’t work. Now on the third time at the dealer they are apparently taking it seriously and want to look at the frame and are proposing to do a teardown to look at it. I’m concerned about them taking apart liner and so on, not to speak of messing with the frame. Any options? Can I object to it and still look for an alternative solution? Any thoughts from other’s experiences are welcome...

7. westcoastGT

its the only way to fix it imo . mine was horrible until they took the frame out and replaced it ..................let them do it , no other remedies have worked : note take pics of the whole car and get them to sign off on the condition , just in case they cause some damage !!

8. Revvdmedia

There is no other known fix. On the bright side, for the rest of us, if you allow your dealer to look into fixing it, it might help us all if they can figure it out! Some of us aren't so lucky to have dealers willing to do this. At first mine said they would, but that they wouldn't ever fix any other noise complaints in the car after it was done even if it's their fault. Then I told their service manager that, and they then deemed the noise normal and don't want to work on it!

9. Guest-627763

Guest-627763 Guest

Don't bother wasting your time,, it cannot be fixed & the dealer will make it worse Good luck ...

10. Revvdmedia

I don't disagree that there is potential that the dealer may not resolve it, but if we're too scared to take it in, it's never going to be fixed for anyone.

11. Daniel Egan

Daniel Egan Australia Member

Who / what KIA department did you go through or did you lodge a complaint with a third party / ombudsman?

I'm dropping my car off for the 4th time soon and KIA customer service have been pretty useless outside of telling me I need to drop the car in again OR try a different KIA service centre.

12. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Which dealership are you going to.

13. Daniel Egan

Kia service centre in Croydon, NSW and Ive been keeping Kia Aus HQ customer service engaged and feel there will be a reluctance to escalate from either party if it's not fixed this time around (new frame/rails).

14. Stinger GT SS

Phone around to other dealerships, they may have had experience in these issue, I know Blacktown Kia has addressed these with other Stinger owners

15. westcoastGT

Hey Daniel , I had my frame replaced , if I can help in any way pls ask !
    Good luck

16. Daniel Egan

Well that is promising as apparently they are replacing the whole frame - as opposed to just the rails which didn't help at all.

17. Daniel Egan

Mine claim they do and also now claim they've received instructions from KIA in the past few months on the sunroof issue. Fingers crossed this time fixes it.

18. Stinger GT SS

Hope it all goes well, good luck.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted