kia stinger store

Dead battery issue

adam1991

Before wasting any money on lawyers
One should NEVER pay for a legal consultation on something like this.

The only "waste" would be time--but even then, you learn things from that time you invest.

If a lawyer wants money up front for an initial consultation, that right there tells you that either you have the wrong lawyer, or you have nothing to work with but you insist on him spending time on something that he knows immediately will go nowhere.

adam1991

The subject is "Dead Battery Issue", not lawyers. Why don't you give us your found wisdom on batteries?!
The subject is someone who bought a used car and thinks he can pursue lemon law or sue Kia.

Pay attention.

vipeboy2000

Middle Tennessee
I have a 2018 Stinger that has 12,000 miles on it. It has been into the dealership 4 times in the last month for dead battery issues. The last time it was in for a week. The morning after I picked it up it was dead. (this morning) I bought it used with 6,000 miles on it. I found out the last owner had it in the dealership (in another town) for 3 months, they apparently could not solve it so he traded it in on a Cadillac and I got stuck with it. I am gong to look into the lemon law and try to get my money back or sue Kia.
like a moinmoin above have mentioned, I would try a faraday key fob pouch , if you keep your keys within 10 feet of the car even through walls, it's close enough for the car to "wake" up and drain the battery. We got ours on amazon for 12 bux or so. And it works! we tested by putting they key fob in the pouch and taking in the car and trying to start the car to which the car said it needed the key.

D.J.

On NOV 26, 2018, user Stingergttt starts this thread about a "Dead Battery Issue" on a used car. (765 days ago)
User Stingergttt has not chimed in to suggest the problem is resolved or ongoing. (most likely - problem was resolved by the dealer he/she was dealing with.

User Stingergttt has posted on this forum 3 additional times since starting this thread - in other unrelated threads, leading me to conclude that the dead battery issue was 100% resolved.

This particular horse - may be dead - like Stingergttt's battery was 765 days ago

G

G-104809

I bought a new 2018 Stinger gt2. I had 4 dead battery issues and had my car to the dealer 3 times. They cannot find the issue yet. Something is drawing from the battery. The dealer Ian dealing with Kia tech line. Said it’s a new issue. Anyone else have any issues with this ? Have had my Stinger for 3 weeks. Ow and can’t enjou it because it’s been at the dealer. I think I got a lemon
We’re having the same issue with our 2018. Ridiculous