Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We're so glad you found us. Please click the button below and become a member!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Center console switch out to Korean version with cup holder cover

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger How To's and Do It Yourself' started by StingerGTandMe, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Member

No, it has a different sized cutout for the top piece, plus the cover is integrated into the cup holder piece on the Korean model.

2. StingerGTandMe

StingerGTandMe United States Active Member

Further looking into the parts and no they are different so even though same part number they are different which is weird . Looked at them yesterday after someone else mentioned it.

3. eflyguy

eflyguy United States Member

OK, thx.. I must have misunderstood what you said in the video just before you screwed everything together..

Edit: no, you said at 11:16 that the cover is identical to the US model.

It's not a huge deal whether you're right or wrong, I don't need to win the internet, but if the cupholder/lid assembly could be purchased alone and swapped in, that might be considerably cheaper..

4. StingerGTandMe

Same part number but notnthe same. I was going off part number but the US part is different. I'm going to be back at my house shortly I'm going to completely take apart the US one and confirm.

5. StingerGTandMe

So yes I just got home and checked the parts and they are not identical not sure why they label them with the exact same part number but they are not interchangeable at all

6. eflyguy

eflyguy United States Member

OK, no big deal.. Just looking to make it more affordable..

• Like Like x 1
  7. will20four

will20four United States Member

I clicked on the link for the part and could not locate. Then did a generic search and still unable to locate the part.

8. StingerGTandMe

I just looked also. I couldn't find it either he must have sold them all and took them off the site. He only had about three of them to sell I figured he would get more though. Check with David over at K5 Optima he's on the forums here he may be able to get you the part also

• Like Like x 1
  9. will20four

OK thanks. What was the pricepoint?

10. westcoastGT

westcoastGT Canada 1000 Posts Club!

when they were listed I believe they were 189 plus 60 for shipping I think ...........I thought the part was fair but shipping seemed too high

• Like Like x 1
  11. will20four

Got the part #'s? Is it 1 kit or do you need to request the top and the cup holders?

12. StingerGTandMe

No i don't have the exact numbers. I ordered off the link. But tell David from K5 you want to do the center console switch out like I did to mine and he will know what you need I've been talking to him today about it

• Like Like x 1
  13. will20four

Yea I've been emailing him. He had asked about P#'s.

14. StingerGTandMe

Hmmm let me see what I can find

15. StingerGTandMe

M1710 is the number i believe

• Like Like x 1
  16. corradoMR2

corradoMR2 Canada Active Member

GTA
    Awesome video and well explained diy. Especially loved the USB cable passthru mod and the intro lol! :p

17. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

Draft saved Draft deleted