Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Burger Tuning JB4 for Kia Stinger!

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Kia Stinger, Mar 8, 2018.

1. jdouga

jdouga United States Active Member

Another update on the jb4, still on map1 with stock plugs gapped at .025 with one plug cracked from before i gapped them. 1000mi and no issues. So no matter what your told, gap your plugs!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jdouga

Is this thread dead, no one seems to be updating anymore lol. Anyways I contacted BMS, and will hopefully be able to schedule a day to drop off my car so they can work on getting the canbus running on our cars. Anyone added any mods with their jb unit or have had any issues?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hung tran

Hung tran United States Member

I just add a Borla fastback on mine yesterday so far no problem yet

• Like Like x 4
  4. jdouga

i know some ppl posted about their experiences w borla, but how is urs? Is it really as loud as they say?

5. Hung tran

Hung tran United States Member

Not really loud. I've heard thr ark are a bit louder. I had a customer came in with it on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

All I've got done since getting mine is the drop in filters and Thermal catback.

I've got about 1700 miles on map 2 with plugs gapped to .025. No issues to report.

Best thing about map 2 is I almost never feel a need to put the car in sport mode. Comfort mode is more than adequate.

• Like Like x 6
  7. jdouga

Cool, im supposed to get my intakes tomorrow, hiping to get exhaust soon as well

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've installed the tork intakes. I've got HKS plugs and a magnaflow catback on the way, plus Tork downpipes as soon as they start selling them. Then I plan on updating all my impressions / reviews. Hopefully the canbus support doesn't take long to roll out. Thanks for doing that @jdouga

• Like Like x 3
  9. jdouga

Thats my next step, but im gonn change out my cracked plug first lol

10. jdouga

Im hoping it wont take long for release as well, keep us updated on the inyakes and especially the magnaflow exhaust, was really wanting to c a video on that, havent found any

11. I spoke to magnaflow a few days ago and production starts next week and delivering the week after that. I should have one of the first produced.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Never thought

Never thought United States Active Member

Arizona
    Would love to hear your thoughts on the magnaflow once you get it installed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Kamauxx

I don't know if it's been posted already but I just decided to go and take a look at BMS's website to see if they added any info to the Stinger tab.

Lo and behold there it is, a dyno chart showing base (or what I assume are base numbers) and tuned results. According to the image's URL this is map 1.

If the pic ins't viewable it shows an over 80 whp gain and a strange max torque reading. For comparisons, @Kiacruzer had his car dyno'd with map 1 and it made an additional 56 whp. So maybe this is actually map 2? If the hp numbers are correct it should put map 2 users in the neighborhood of 460 crank hp from tune alone. Or maybe something is just off with the results (450ftlbs at 3k RPM? :thumbdown:) I shot Terry an email for clarification. Maybe someone who is a member of BMS's forum can also inquire about this?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 2:51 PM
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Kamauxx

I heard from Terry at BMS. He said that's a customer provided dyno sheet. He believes the customer was running 5 psi over stock.

15. Onno P

Onno P Netherlands Member

Torque probably in NewtonMeter, not in ftlbs
    Stock has 510 Nm at the crank

A pity they didn’t start both runs at the same rpm. Unable to say what the tune did for the 1500-3000 rpm range..

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 8:43 AM
  16. Kamauxx

Well you just taught me something new. Thanks.

17. KLR STINGER

KLR STINGER Canada Member

There is alot wierd about that dyno, for example HP and TQ do not cross at 5252, which the always have to. Maybe smoothing or correction factors were messed with.

18. cyberdude86

cyberdude86 United States New Member

Nm?

Draft saved Draft deleted