Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Avoid Importshark

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by DigitalGuru18, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Dspec 1

Dspec 1 Canada Member

In every car or music forum I’ve ever been on this happens. The danger with being a vendor and trying to be ‘part of the forum community’ is that always becomes personal quickly.

The concerns with this company go far beyond one situation, and the companie’s response to the concerns was not only disrespectful but revealed the nature of this vendor. Not good. Successful businesses do have dozens of negative reviews and aggressively ‘turn the tables’ on the paying customer.

All that does is turn business away-no one wants to be potentially in the same situation. Finally, good and bad experiences should be open here IMO.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

So i guess after reading the entire thread in one go we are all ready to move forward. The air has been cleared so to speak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. GTB

GTB United States Active Member

Just ordered a badge from import shark. The website is straightforward and the auto email communication is quick. Hopefully, everything works out. Even after reading this thread, you can't chop the whole tree down after one bad apple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ivansito

Ivansito United States Active Member

IMG_20180409_061714.jpg IMG_20180408_173649.jpg
    Importsharks. :thumbup:Excuse the dirty car.:sick:

5. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

i think everyone would expect the auto email to be quick. after all it is automatic. everyone having good experiences with mike should start a new topic and review instead of having all these positive experience hidden in a negative topic. just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ScottE

ScottE Member

I'm really happy to see that this site doesn't coddle to the vendors. One of the Optima forums is notorious for allowing vendors to break the rules, giving them special treatment, and allowing one person in particular to spam threads. Keep up the great work here!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

THAT is why I'm doing things differently here. You're right - most forums do allow their vendors to treat customers badly and get away with it. Now that being said, I encourage everyone here to post their positive experiences as well. We have to realize that people don't generally speak up when they've had a good experience. We need that balance here to be truly fair. So I really do expect people to let us know about their good and bad experiences. It's not like it's a lot of work because you're not buying things from vendors every day. It's a once in a blue moon kind of thing. And fairness is very important to me...

• Like Like x 3
  8. Avoid this seller, very bad quality product, absolute crap customer service. Very rude while discussing a solution with them. That's my experience, I'll never buy from them again.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Member

I'm going to chime in on this. I ordered 3 items, 2 of which were shipped. Due to my error, I didn't see the 3rd item was not going to be ready until mid may. I was looking at the site on my iphone, so the same lettering albeit in all caps but same color as the rest of the product description escaped me. Long story short, I asked for a refund since I changed my mind about the product. The reply i received was not only rude and unprofessional, but extremely condescending. The emails were completely defensive from the start, yet I was not accusing anyone of anything or being a rude customer. I simply stated that I would like a refund. For pete's sake, it's a $16 dollar sticker, not a $1600 exhaust.

And for all of the folks who would defend a vendor that acts in this manner, understand that this is the business these folks have chosen. There is a lot of money to be made, but also a responsibility by the business itself. Now if they so choose to not give a flying f*ck, then that is there problem. Needless to say, I will not be doing any more business with this vendor. I am in business as well, and there is no way I would allow myself or anyone representing my company to act in this manner.

***Here's the shame of it all, the 2 items I did receive were actually pretty good products made well. But you won't get my business anymore.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. AV8R

AV8R Australia 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

It’s ashame when you get a supplier with a good product and either one employee or in this case the owner wrecks their reputation by treating customers this way. There is always two sides to the story how ever the problem is that first impressions count. When I dealt with him by asking questions about his product I did find him a bit forthright in his opinion in what I should do but he was not rude. SOme people can’t see this in themselves and also they are the same ones that can’t take the criticism for change that would help. The fact that this has occurred multiple times hasn’t now led to him having a reputation that will turn buyers off. I do believe tho that we all have bad days and should give a person a second chance so keep open to still buying from him but be reserved in how you do business with him. You don’t have to be negative or positive just neutral and it’s your choice if you wish to take this advice or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GTB

I am not a fan of rubbing peoples names in the dirt. So all I'm gonna say is import shark is an absolute no go. avoid them at all costs. Customer service is the absolute worst. I have received better customer service from the 2 am stoned McDonald's manager.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ivansito

And yet you have participated.:thumbdown:

2 am Stone McDonalds Manager?

No hate here for all my McDonalds workers who have to work nights cause shit is real in the world.:thumbup:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. GTB

I don't feel bad. The way import shark treats people they do not belong in this market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lugnutt

Lugnutt United States Newish Member

I don't think he was rubbing anyone's face in the dirt.
    He was sharing his experience and I for one appreciate the warning.
    You don't have to defend import shark.
    You don't insult people for their opinion /experience differing from yours.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. GTB

I would love to share my full experience. But I kind of want my exhaust to ship so I kept it light lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Yikes!

17. Ivansito

Ohhhhh snap crackle pops!! Let me know how that install goes in 2019.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Ozstung

I'm thinking they're might be a clue given in the Distributors choice of name...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. AV8R

AV8R Australia 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Gummy or whitepointer? Lol

20. Ozstung

I like those white pointers in early summer at Bondi ON the sand :D:D

Draft saved Draft deleted