Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Another Racechip review

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Tonkabob, Apr 1, 2018.

1. ryan1stinger

ryan1stinger United States Member

Happy to help. RC does recommend US octane 93-98 when running on Racemode. I never used less than 93.

2. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

I used race mode on US 92 and worked well. But that was probaably pushing it. Don't try on 91.

3. Arnie War

Arnie War Canada Member Sustaining Member +

I just did a muffle delete and added Lucus Octane boost to my gas , which should increase the Octane to 97 ,
    and took it out and gave the stinger and around 10 k did a rolling start in race mode ,, simply put ,, it did not disappoint at all ..!!!! but a bit loud lol !!!!

4. basysmith

basysmith Australia Member

Racechip or JB4?.. hmmmmm...

5. Arnie War

race chip RS only at the moment

6. basysmith

RS?

7. Arnie War

yes I only got the RS chip which has the map 6 and should provide me with enough boost and soon to get cold air intakes :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. basysmith

Why rs over gts?
    Why racechip over jb4?

Cheers,

9. Arnie War

just wanted to make sure I don't need catch can and BOVs lol

10. basysmith

You'd still benefit from a catch can and bov. Is that the only reason you chose racechip over a JB4? Or was it price and availability?

11. Arnie War

I found it easy to get use with the app and I ordered the Race chip before I knew of the other s , lot s of advertising on my FB page as well for the RC chip :)

12. basysmith

Ah OK. So it was because of marketing.. And not because one is better than the other. Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
  13. Arnie War

yes marketing indeed for the most part :) Their Rep even helped me out with a new Map …

14. Arnie War

I know most likely everyone know s this and that is, the Kia Stinger GT ,, also comes well equipped with a recording device (Black Box) that records speed and other function s ,, so what happens on the public Roads can be accessed by law authorities ,, just heads up !!

15. Arnie War

just did my first Dyno today ,on a Dynocom 5000 AWD.. number max hp was only 320 hp and torque 552.7lb-ft

16. ryan1stinger

Did you test with the RaceChip RS enabled and if yes, what Map setting?

I have a 2018 Stinger GT2 with HKS plugs. My only other mod is the RaceChip GTS set to Map 7. I had a Dyno performed using Dynapack.

Baseline results with chip disabled = 311.6Hp @ 6043rpms & 389.6lb-ft @3215rpms
    RaceChip GTS enabled and set to Map 7 = 384.3Hp @ 5257rpms for a gain of 72.6Hp; 500.4lb-ft @ 2000rpms for a gain of 110.9lb-ft

Given that we are running on different dyno's from different shops you can't compare my numbers with yours, but what is important is to compare baseline numbers with the chip enabled vs disabled on the same dyno, same day to see what gains your getting. That is key.

With RaceChips RS on Map 6 you should be seeing a gain of at least 40Hp.

17. ryan1stinger

Here are my dyno results I referenced in my prior post. As you can probably guess the redline is where the RaceChip was enabled.

Attached Files:

18. Arnie War

Yes indeed the Dyno machine s measurements can be different , I just ask the RC rep if they had a map that would work for my physical hardware up grade s . I know my numbers are a bit low for Hp but I only have the RS Chip :) but that being said my torque values was decent gains made

19. ryan1stinger

Did you get HP and Torque with the chip disabled?

20. Arnie War

I had my map on race mode via the App Ryan , and this is what I got for hp with RS Chip
    no , just did three Dyno run s with race mode on , just to see where things were .

Draft saved Draft deleted