kia stinger store

2022 Kia Stinger Full America Info!!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Can someone tell me where the limiter is on the 3.3? I tried to find it but chickened out once it hit 7k rpm
Howdy. If I don't shift soon enough the car takes over the instant the needle bounces over 6K RPM and upshifts for me. (Or are you gunning the engine in park? I've never done that.)

DrOversteer

Howdy. If I don't shift soon enough the car takes over the instant the needle bounces over 6K RPM and upshifts for me. (Or are you gunning the engine in park? I've never done that.)
Unsure if American vehicles have it but in Australia from MY18 onwards if you have it in sport with TC and ESC disabled the car will not shift when it hits red line (so long as you've engaged the paddles), it will continue to rev. I was wondering if anyone has done this and had the engine hit the limiter and if so what the limiter is.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Unsure if American vehicles have it but in Australia from MY18 onwards if you have it in sport with TC and ESC disabled the car will not shift when it hits red line (so long as you've engaged the paddles), it will continue to rev. I was wondering if anyone has done this and had the engine hit the limiter and if so what the limiter is.
I almost never disengage TC/SC. So, I'd have to deliberately try a hard pull with those OFF to see if the car continues to take over when I don't shift soon enough.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

Davidoyo

Newish Member
Houston, TX
I was recently looking at the Stinger GT1 options and I noticed ECS is now included? Is this some sorta of mistake? It can be seen on the model builder and the specs comparison page. I would upload the screenshots and links but my account is still restricted from doing that for some stupid reason.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
my account is still restricted from doing that for some stupid reason.
I think that the threshold for being able to post links is ten posts or fifteen, something like that.

As to the ECS being on the GT1, that was dropped; and I haven't heard that it is an option that you can back in. But if you SEE a 2022 GT1 with ECS, that would mean that Kia's website is (or was) inaccurate aaagain (or still :p).

Davidoyo

Newish Member
Houston, TX
I think that the threshold for being able to post links is ten posts or fifteen, something like that.

As to the ECS being on the GT1, that was dropped; and I haven't heard that it is an option that you can back in. But if you SEE a 2022 GT1 with ECS, that would mean that Kia's website is (or was) inaccurate aaagain (or still :p).
Guess I should just start replying to everything to hit that number :laugh:

Correct. I looked through the features when the 2022 GT1 was released a couple months ago and saw ECS was removed. This was the case on their website and the online builder. And now it magically reappeared as a standard option o_O. Either their website is wrong (Probably) or they are in a the process of adding it for the Scorpion package or something along those lines

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Guess I should just start replying to everything to hit that number :laugh:
Guilty of that, early on. Now I just rest back on my laurels (and still post like a lunatic, hah).