Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2.0T Community Thread

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by TStaino, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Tangent52

Tangent52 United States Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eric OHalloran

Eric OHalloran United States Member

No problem at all! You will love the sound. Looks pretty with the hood up. I am going to add that Velossa Big Mouth Air Intake. It is supposed to work well with the K&N - Does anyone have the K&N Typhoon and Velossa Big Mouth set up for 2.0t?
    Kia Stinger Velossa Tech BIG MOUTH Ram Air

3. TStaino

TStaino United States Active Member

Not yet, but will by the end of next week.

4. Eric OHalloran

Keep me posted

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mesmorino

Mesmorino Canada Newish Member

So after doing a lot of reading and some research, I think I'm gonna get the jb4, the velossa tech big mouth air intake, a bigger intercooler, and probably a bigger air filter.

At the moment of these are just pie in the sky ideas, but I figure it's a good starting point for putting together my list. I'm not entirely sure when I'd be doing anything either (winter tyres are a bigger priority right now lol) but it's fun 5o dream!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Eric OHalloran

Sounds like a good start. JB4 a must for 2.0t!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TStaino

TStaino United States Active Member

Agreed. JB4 is worth the money ten-fold. $650 for 40-65hp is beyond worth it.

8. Mike_TX

Mike_TX United States Active Member

I've had my Premium 2.0T since January '19, 12,000 miles, and I'd say it's just pretty good quality-wise ... not great, but okay.

I've had a front passenger door "droop" to the extent it started to hang up on the B-pillar at the top rear corner of the door, and the dealer had to send it to the body shop to re-adjust the door hinges. There is the well-known thump-in-the-trunk where the hatch makes a thump when I go over sharp bumps or cracks in the road. The easy-fix washers helped for awhile but it's back. And I have an odd rattle in the roof area over the front passenger door or in the B-pillar (hard to isolate it). Overall it just doesn't seem as well-constructed as recent cars I've owned.

My only comment about all this is that my previous two Optimas did not have any of these issues. They were tight and well screwed together cars, and I sometimes think the Stinger wasn't quite ready for prime time. And I also think I expected Korean assembly to be like Japanese assembly, but I think the cars built in Georgia are better-built.

Draft saved Draft deleted