Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Comfort

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Custom

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters

Grump

Ontario, Canada
I switch sport/custom constantly. I wish there was an engine setting somewhere between sport and comfort. Comfort switches too early and sport wont grab the next gear when I'm just rolling along.

Stop n go city - SPORT
If I'm rolling with no lights/highway - CUSTOM - Sport handling, sport suspension, comfort engine, sport AWD

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
People's Republic Of IL
^^I know what you mean about holding the gear for a while after you're at steady state. Set it to sport then use the paddle shitters to switch up as needed.

n8hegr8

Stinger Enthusiast
smart mode and recently eco mode back and forth to work. i like knowing i have a secret sport mode waiting for me, its like a secret weapon i only use sometimes. ive actually been enjoying eco mode. its got a throaty sound, not sure why.
id probably use the secret weapon if i had a longer drive to work and not on 30 mph roads with school crossing zones.
i wish the exhaust was louder like a gt500 or audi. but im not changing the exhaust. i like that they made it pretty quite in the idea that it sounds like a sleeper. sport is still not throaty enough for me, but i still love my car.

StingerMG

South Carolina
Lately I've been driving in custom mode which I have set to Sport powertrain and steering with comfort suspension.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
ive actually been enjoying eco mode. its got a throaty sound, not sure why.
The owner's manual gives a heads up that in Eco the engine note may be louder: I asked about this because it is counter intuitive to me also: but never have learned anything more about why Eco would possibly be louder than other drive modes.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

StingerMG

South Carolina
The owner's manual gives a heads up that in Eco the engine note may be louder: I asked about this because it is counter intuitive to me also: but never have learned anything more about why Eco would possibly be louder than other drive modes.
I'm guessing the exhaust is louder because the car is cruising at lower RPMs. Even though I don't have the stock exhaust, I'll often shift up the to a higher gear and cruise (not in boost) around under 1900RPM and the tone is a lot deeper.

andybob

Custom 95% of the time. Comfort engine, sport diff, and sport steering. I like heavy steering feel.

Grump

Ontario, Canada
^^I know what you mean about holding the gear for a while after you're at steady state. Set it to sport then use the paddle shitters to switch up as needed.
I forget I'm in manual mode too often :lol:. I'll slow down where it drops to 2nd then I forget and wind it out.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
People's Republic Of IL
^^That's happened to me too a few times. It's so strange. I've been driving manuals for nearly 30's years. Only had that problem in the first few weeks/months of learning to drive stick.

Maybe I'd be more in tune with the car if it had a louder exhaust.

I did try the sport mode with the manual upshifting today. Worked well.

Smilieboy

Newish Member
I've been DDing it on eco since I installed the AFE intakes and Jun BL exhaust. Before it was on comfort or if I was feeling squirrely I would use sport and manual shift if I was working nights. Working from 9am to 9pm I get stuck in traffic in the morning and don't feel like being squirrely so now I just use eco. When I'm leaving work I just want to get home so I leave it on eco and cruise.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

CraigS

My assumption would be that eco would keep the wastegate open much more because there's no need to keep turbo spun up constantly in a low power mode. Bypassing the turbo makes the exhaust louder. We have seen the opposite phenomenon in lozic ecu tune where "boost ready" makes the exhaust quieter.