3.3TT vehicle doesn't shift gear under decent acceleration

ishivpatel

This happens to me in my 2020 GT-Line. I drive in auto transmission(comfort mode) and it sometime never changes the gear. Has to ease the gas paddle to make it respond.

sting88

Newish Member
Happens to me too. All modes, paddle or auto. It's only ever happened when taking a sweeper semi aggressively under hard acceleration. I assumed it was preventing the shift as to not upset the chassis mid corner. Never tried it with traction control off. 2019 GT1 RWD. Also I've never tried shifting while accelerating hard mid corner, it's after I let off and intend to go back to normal driving.

AristotsirA

Minnesota
Happens to me too. All modes, paddle or auto. It's only ever happened when taking a sweeper semi aggressively under hard acceleration. I assumed it was preventing the shift as to not upset the chassis mid corner. Never tried it with traction control off. 2019 GT1 RWD. Also I've never tried shifting while accelerating hard mid corner, it's after I let off and intend to go back to normal driving.
I just started experiencing this myself. Hard acceleration out of a clover leaf onto a straight, the car hangs onto what I presume to be 4th gear until the rev limit shuts fuel off...really aggravating to have half a second of no throttle at the merge point.

MY18 GT2, using sport mode in D, 12.4k miles, no mods.

StingaGT

Ann Arbor, MI

I don't know if these issues are related, but ask your tech to inspect this seam next time you get your engine oil changed.
My car has transmission oil leak from seam between engine block and torque converter.

sting88

Newish Member
"I don't know if these issues are related, but ask your tech to inspect this seam next time you get your engine oil changed.
My car has transmission oil leak from seam between engine block and torque converter. "

i did an oil change today, i do not have a leak at that location.

Ed B

Newish Member
Central Ohio
I've had that happen when trying to paddle shift during a period of higher load, a very few times at most. But based on that it is why I've not used paddles on the track at all. Please keep us updated once you get some feedback.
Same here: I found it VERY distressing on the track when the car would randomly decide "naw, I'm not ready to shift -- let's go to redline!". If your accelerating hard out of a corner and you "ask" the car to shift then it should shift! Auto only safe way to drive these on the track IMHO.

TimT

Same here: I found it VERY distressing on the track when the car would randomly decide "naw, I'm not ready to shift -- let's go to redline!". If your accelerating hard out of a corner and you "ask" the car to shift then it should shift! Auto only safe way to drive these on the track IMHO.
Yeah, automatic absolutely is the only way to drive it on the track, but we also need to understand that this is not a track-oriented car like a Type R, Focus RS, BMW M or Merc AMG series or something exotic and track-oriented, at the end of the day it is a 2 ton GT car, which in its stock form is not really suitable for heavy driving on the track.

I have now developed a transmission issue where under decent acceleration (without constant heavy load) the car shifts from 3rd to 4th really high up, normally it was around the 2.2k rpm mark but now it wants to go far over 3k. Hope it doesnt develop into something more annoying.

YeaStung

Has any one experienced this?
It doesn't happen always, but happens sometimes..
it happens when I take a ramp to highway and try to hit highway speed (70mph) before the ramp ends when I'm in Sport mode and shifting with the paddle shifters.
It is always 5th or 6th gear that won't shift to the next gear, and the rev goes crazy high hitting the red line
I have to release the gas and it will shift maybe 2 seconds later.
I've had the same problem, under hard acceleration in 3rd gear and then trying to shift into 4th and it won't shift, I have to back off before it will shift, really bites. This happens when I drive thru a specific curve while going uphill, using the right paddle shifter...