kia stinger store

Used 2020 GT1 vs Buy/Lease New

AYip31

Florida
Completely agree! I've bought a lot of cars over the past 20 years, and by far, the absolute worst car buying experience for me has been with Kia salespeople. For example, one Kia salesperson tried to tell me that I could not do the "lease buyout trick," and that I was trying to "game the system." I was like, "Um, ok, is there some sort of rule that states I cannot buy out my lease immediately?" He said, "That doesn't seem right to me, and I'm pretty sure that's against the rules, otherwise everyone would do that!" I was like, "Um, ok dude, sure." I went to the finance guy, and he said, "Of course you can buy out the lease. Most people do not know about this loophole, or they cannot afford to buy out the lease." Hysterical!
Yep like I’ve said. 90% of salesperson will not know, 85% of sale managers will not know. Or give false info
also lease buyout does not need to pay all in cash.
Can get a traditional car loan, through a bank or credit union

Gautam Beri

Wow that almost sounds too good to be true. I do have a trade in (should be about $8k) so sounds like that helps in my favor to reduce the balance on the buyout - that all makes perfect sense. Now I'll need to figure out how sales tax plays into the formula. I live in taxachusetts so I'm wondering if it makes all of this not even worth it in the end. Thanks for helping me understand the logic though!
@Brandonfontes can you share your deal?
what did you pay? And what was your credit score? And how much lease rebate you got?
@AYip31 : so one thing I want to understand also. GT2 AWD
msrp : 54k
Selling price : 49k
Lease rebate: 8900
Total without tax : 41,100
Then taxes tags titles doc fee etc
if my monthly lease payment is 700, do I need to pay 700 for my first month when purchasing the vehicle? And if yes does that 700 get deducted from that total OTD?

AYip31

Florida
@Brandonfontes can you share your deal?
what did you pay? And what was your credit score? And how much lease rebate you got?
@AYip31 : so one thing I want to understand also. GT2 AWD
msrp : 54k
Selling price : 49k
Lease rebate: 8900
Total without tax : 41,100
Then taxes tags titles doc fee etc
if my monthly lease payment is 700, do I need to pay 700 for my first month when purchasing the vehicle? And if yes does that 700 get deducted from that total OTD?
Part of my deal, I did not have to make the 1st monthly lease payment
If you did, I would imagine parts of the $700 gets deducted.