kia stinger store

Trim looks like crap

tmmueller

NC
I pulled mine off and painted them gloss black (spray paint) looks better anyway and I figured it would just continue to be a problem. I actually tried wrapping a couple pieces but it just wasn't worth the hassle. the gloss spray paint is not perfect upon real close inspection, but I kind of just did it quickly. not eye catching at all. it just looks like the car was supposed to be that way.

heyheyal

Central NJ
I pulled mine off and painted them gloss black (spray paint) looks better anyway and I figured it would just continue to be a problem. I actually tried wrapping a couple pieces but it just wasn't worth the hassle. the gloss spray paint is not perfect upon real close inspection, but I kind of just did it quickly. not eye catching at all. it just looks like the car was supposed to be that way.
Post some picks

tmmueller

NC
pics as requested. the driver side doors are done in gloss vinyl wrap, but like I said, such a pain on such a small piece, that I tried gloss black spray paint on the rest of the pieces. Like an idiot I tried to paint them outside and there was a slight breeze resulting in some uneven gloss pon the two passenger side doors, which you can see if you inspect it at different light angles, but it's not so bad that I feel like redoing it. the two pieces on each side of the hatch were painted in the garage so they came out better.

Of course I removed them all during these various attempts... Pics:
trim 1.jpg trim 2.jpg trim 3.jpg trim 4.jpg trim 5.jpg

heyheyal

Central NJ
Nice, looks good in pics. Mine is all black stinger and thought about going with a vinyl dark red of some sort or chrome red. Figure can always change the vinyl. When I brought the car home the day I bought it the protective black coating was still on. When I saw a corner coming up I said” shit the trim is peeling” then realized it was a protective vinyl. When I peeled it off my brother in law said he liked the black better. Haha

tmmueller

NC
go for black. if you wrap it, take the pieces off. Using a razor around all the rubber edges would be bad I think. It's a pain to push it back in between the rubber once the wrap is on the trim piece, and it's hard to keep the vinyl wrapped around the piece too, since the trim piece is so thin. Light sanding and the krylon gloss black paint will be fine. several light coats to build it up...

terrylharris

Something about the trim is a little "cheap", though. My passenger side quarter panel trim shows strange "water spot" staining, an extremely "swirled" finish (which is strange because outside of the touchless car wash and my own hands, nothing could have swirled it), and an overall lack of luster. Meanwhile, all the other pieces look their normal "matte" appearance. It's as if some pieces didn't get sealed/painted as well as others. I can't really explain it because I only notice it, but haven't really taken the time to analyze or remove the trim piece for closer inspection.

Having said that, the black chrome is also surprisingly thin and rather prone to waterspotting and other things. Quite strange that the best looking accents on the vehicle also respond the cheapest, lol
My 2019 Gt has always had touchless washes (many of them). Sometimes I have water spots on the black chrome but a detail spray or wax takes them out immediately.