Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Tork Tune

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by khmer07, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Thorne

Thorne United States Member

Right now I'm using the JB4 with the CA91 Low boost tune from Tork. I'm using Map6 to control boost and jb4 as a data logger. Its a nice setup and hopefully will be meth/cpi controller in the near future.

2. zbc1969

zbc1969 United States Member

How much was a second ECU? Also did you have the original ECU tuned or the second one? Is a new ECU just plug and play, or, did you have to take it to the dealership so they could unlock it and VIN match it?

3. Thorne

f*ck a second ECU :) If they wanna prove I've tuned my car there are modules on the car that I can't change easily.... So just had my primary ecu flashed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

And Tork can clone ECUs now and think they are around $500.
    I tuned the stock one.

5. zbc1969

zbc1969 United States Member

Sorry noob here, what does it mean that they can clone one?

6. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

They can copy your ecu so it works semmlessly in your car. Tune the clone and keep the original as is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hughanis

hughanis United States Member

How would that work, wouldn't there be a discrepancy in the ECU's reported mileage and other things?

• Like Like x 1
  8. NICK_KHAR

NICK_KHAR United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ryan1stinger

ryan1stinger United States Active Member

Inquiring into a tork tune for my Stinger 3.3 GT2 RWD. The only mods I have done are tork intakes, HKS M45iL plugs, and RaceChip. With the RaceChip in the highest Map 7 and my car running on high octane fuel my horsepower/torque is 400hp/500 lb-ft. Looking to increase these numbers as well as my 0-60 in 4.31s and 1/4 mile @ 113.80mph/12.3s, however I would like to avoid going full exhaust and FMIC, as in Cali full exhaust is not legal and the cost is prohibitive. I heard from Tonkabob a while back that you were working on a more aggressive tune that only required intakes and plugs. Is that available and what are the numbers with that tune? If you can provide dyno test results, even better.

Submitted request via damnfastdd website and reached out to sales@tork and waiting for response.

10. Sales@Tork

Sales@Tork United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

11. ryan1stinger

Will do. Thanks.

12. cncBilly

cncBilly Mexico Stinger Enthusiast

Could you pass on whatever you learned from talking with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ryan1stinger

Spoke to John and he mentioned they are running into an issue with the tune and not sure if they are pushing too much boost. They are right around 21psi. He mentioned they should have this resolved in about a month and will post, once addressed. He mentioned their will be a Stage 1+ for my config.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thorne

If your wanting to stack I do suggest asking for a lower boost level, Maybe ask for the map I'm using as it works better with the jb4

Draft saved Draft deleted