kia stinger store

The Hibernation Begins

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.

ChaneRZ

Garage queen here too. I don’t want to drive it in the rain haha. Hooked up with Noco Genius charger.

HDTurbo

Saratoga, NY
To be honest, I haven't used my wipers since I got it in late February...I need to siphon out the what I'm certain is awful blue methanol-based washer fluid and replace with habaner...I'm mean RainX sauce....

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
careful how you word that.

"we lick the moose down There" is a completely different sentence...
Fixed it for ya....point taken.

Crisis

Saskatoon, SK
Hell, I drive mine in the winter so my “garage queen” Solstice can stay inside for the winter. With a good set of winter tires, the Stinger makes a great winter car. Then again, it’s cold enough here that they don’t waste time with ineffective de-icing salt. Instead, they just dump a ton of coarse sand on the road to help with traction on the icy roads.

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
I haven’t driven mine since late October. It has been on the trickle charger ever since. I inflated the tires to 50 PSI, put some steel wool inside the tailpipes, dryer sheets inside and under the hood, and sat a bucket of Damp Rid on the center console. I’ll drive it again toward the end of March.

ht_addict

My car goes out every day, rain, sleet or snow. She is washed and waxed on a regular basis and I got Corrosion Free Rust Proof done underneath and around door edges, etc. I take it to the car wash every 10days.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
typically if I tried that^^^^ It would be -5 below and My garden hose would be clogged up like a play-dough through a straw.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
yup nice ride ;fwd forte for me ....if I can't due the 1.5 mile commute in that I'm not werkin' simple as that.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
If you are a car enthusiast can't understand how you can live in a place where almost a 1/3 of the time the weather is crappy and roads are full of SALT ice, snow and mud. Yall move to Florida! :cool: ;)
yeah right....in a word...money...but that reason is dwindling fast.

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
Hard wired a Schumacher maintainer charger for the winter month's......I refuse to driver my stinger on salt encrusted roads....so she sits the winter under a cover and now with a battery maintainer...I went right to the battery, loosened the pos an neg terminal bolts and fastened in the maintainer connection.......unit sits off the ground under the car.....we'll see if it lasts.But I do not need a dead battery yet.
I'm glad I don't live in an environment where I have to put my car away for months on end. Good luck.

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
I don’t HAVE to. If it is bad enough and there’s no clearance, then no one is going anywhere anyway.

I choose to put it away during the winter months. It’s more of a luxury or privilege than a necessity.

Last edited:

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
Being the last new car I’ll ever buy. Longevity by sitting a season is a no brainer

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
floridians....what can you do?!