kia stinger store

Good Surprise Surprise - Buy Offer on Vroom

Stingin' Away

Southwestern Ohio
My Offer decreased from last week. Last week Vroom was at $37,246. This week they are at $35,612. The mileage went up by 50 since then. I guess it will be down hill if I don’t make a move!
Sell it while you can for a decent price!

Stingin' Away

Southwestern Ohio
Very likely the only time I will ever make money selling a car to a dealer - or anyone really.
Yes indeed. At least not in our lifetime. We are fortunate.

Stingin' Away

Southwestern Ohio
Everything is happening so fast. I have to look for another car and I don’t know what I want. This is my only issue! It has been tough.
I get it. Gotta have something to drive afterwards. I'm still up in the air about what I want.

I was almost sold on a Q50 but it sold this past Saturday. Shame. I'm keeping my eyes open.

Travis Wills

Stinger Enthusiast
I get it. Gotta have something to drive afterwards. I'm still up in the air about what I want.

I was almost sold on a Q50 but it sold this past Saturday. Shame. I'm keeping my eyes open.
INFINITI is struggling massively right now. Their sales are down even now when every other manufacturer is seeing huge increases. Nissan has abandoned them as well.

The depreciation on the Q50 cars is legendary. They make for a decent used car purchase but they lose a historic amount of money if purchased new. They can be rather fast though.

I sold my 2019 RWD Stinger GT2 and just leased a new 2021 AWD Stinger GT2. They had some significant discounts on the 2021 Stingers. If you can find one of those still lying around brand new that can be a good deal.

Stingin' Away

Southwestern Ohio
INFINITI is struggling massively right now. Their sales are down even now when every other manufacturer is seeing huge increases. Nissan has abandoned them as well.

The depreciation on the Q50 cars is legendary. They make for a decent used car purchase but they lose a historic amount of money if purchased new. They can be rather fast though.

I sold my 2019 RWD Stinger GT2 and just leased a new 2021 AWD Stinger GT2. They had some significant discounts on the 2021 Stingers. If you can find one of those still lying around brand new that can be a good deal.
Exactly why I would never buy a new car unless the deal is too good to pass up, like the Stinger I bought. Bought it for 6k under MSRP. I've thought about an AWD Stinger to driver year around. I'm only torn because it is more of a car I'd like to keep clean everyday. I'm weird, I know.

The Q50 doesn't try to impress in your face which is why I can see myself driving it every day. JB4 sells the same module for them and they are able to keep up with a tuned Stinger. Numerous videos on them but a guy ran a 12.6 with just a JB4 and intakes. I'm okay with that as my every day car.

I'll still have a truck around to beat up so I don't completely ruin the next car. An AWD Stinger is enticing though... Q50 pricing are not rising like all else, which is why I'm a bit drawn to them. Good price, heckuva warranty when buying certified, and still fast.

Ulikefishsticks

I can't remember what they gave you, care to share again? $38k for having 44k miles is nuts LOL more power to you
They gave me $37,200. Then they want to sell it for like 38,000 and $600 for shipping. I must have sold my car at the best time. The margins they are working on don't seem to make sense.

Schroedes

Exactly why I would never buy a new car unless the deal is too good to pass up, like the Stinger I bought. Bought it for 6k under MSRP. I've thought about an AWD Stinger to driver year around. I'm only torn because it is more of a car I'd like to keep clean everyday. I'm weird, I know.

The Q50 doesn't try to impress in your face which is why I can see myself driving it every day. JB4 sells the same module for them and they are able to keep up with a tuned Stinger. Numerous videos on them but a guy ran a 12.6 with just a JB4 and intakes. I'm okay with that as my every day car.

I'll still have a truck around to beat up so I don't completely ruin the next car. An AWD Stinger is enticing though... Q50 pricing are not rising like all else, which is why I'm a bit drawn to them. Good price, heckuva warranty when buying certified, and still fast.
Stinger for a Infiniti?? Why y'all selling your stingers.. doesn't seem to be much out there that's comparable at the price of these things

Stingin' Away

Southwestern Ohio
Stinger for a Infiniti?? Why y'all selling your stingers.. doesn't seem to be much out there that's comparable at the price of these things
Mine is RWD and I have a kid on the way. I have two car payments, minus one now. I enjoy cars fully and it is a passion of mine. But at the end of the day, it's just a car. Selling it to someone for more than what I paid is unheard of. This will never happen again in our lifetime.

It isn't necessarily a Stinger for a Q50. I sold the Stinger and will be looking for something I can drive everyday and not worry about tacking on miles and drive year around. Another Stinger is possible but not at these prices they are going for. Infiniti prices are not rising and I'm not sure why but I won't complain. Scoping an A5 as well. S5 prices are too high to move on so I'll either wait or pull the trigger on a deal I find.

Decisions decisions...

JAI-STINGER

Orlando, FL
Do you have another car to drive? I only have one so Its more difficult for me!

Mine is RWD and I have a kid on the way. I have two car payments, minus one now. I enjoy cars fully and it is a passion of mine. But at the end of the day, it's just a car. Selling it to someone for more than what I paid is unheard of. This will never happen again in our lifetime.

It isn't necessarily a Stinger for a Q50. I sold the Stinger and will be looking for something I can drive everyday and not worry about tacking on miles and drive year around. Another Stinger is possible but not at these prices they are going for. Infiniti prices are not rising and I'm not sure why but I won't complain. Scoping an A5 as well. S5 prices are too high to move on so I'll either wait or pull the trigger on a deal I find.

Decisions decisions...
It’s your decision on what you want to purchase with YOUR money! Don’t let someones opinions dissuade you! If you want an Infiniti by golly, get an Infiniti!

Stingin' Away

Southwestern Ohio
Do you have another car to drive? I only have one so Its more difficult for me!

It’s your decision on what you want to purchase with YOUR money! Don’t let someones opinions dissuade you! If you want an Infiniti by golly, get an Infiniti!
LOL it was only an explanation for why. 3 years ago, when it came out, I would have thought of getting rid of the Stinger to be a devils work. It was a car I've wanted for that long, attained it, drove it, enjoyed it, and made money on it. I'm not getting the short end of the stick here.

The Q50 is more comfortable and feels more stable/solid. I only had the GT so no napa leather which probably contributed to the comfortableness. The Q can also be just as fast, but more subtle and comfortable. We sold the wife's Tuscon and made money on that too, Deciding on the SUV we want for her. Talk about a hard decision to make with the SUV market....

Schroedes

LOL it was only an explanation for why. 3 years ago, when it came out, I would have thought of getting rid of the Stinger to be a devils work. It was a car I've wanted for that long, attained it, drove it, enjoyed it, and made money on it. I'm not getting the short end of the stick here.

The Q50 is more comfortable and feels more stable/solid. I only had the GT so no napa leather which probably contributed to the comfortableness. The Q can also be just as fast, but more subtle and comfortable. We sold the wife's Tuscon and made money on that too, Deciding on the SUV we want for her. Talk about a hard decision to make with the SUV market....
Car market is crazy right now. Wife just traded her 19 Civic in for 23500 and got a 18 Wrangler Sahara.. loves it, highly recommended

Stingin' Away

Southwestern Ohio
Car market is crazy right now. Wife just traded her 19 Civic in for 23500 and got a 18 Wrangler Sahara.. loves it, highly recommended
I'm thinking F-Pace, X3M, or a Highlander Hybrid. Yeah, I know, that third one is random lol

EClapp3

Mine was picked up last night, calling vroom later today to confirm and see how the payoff process works exactly.

Stingin' Away

Southwestern Ohio
Mine was picked up last night, calling vroom later today to confirm and see how the payoff process works exactly.
They are a bit clueless whoever you speak with. The individuals I speak with do not communicate across the board. I've been asked 4 times if I have sent in the Bill of Lading confirming pick up. I sent it on Monday. How do they all not have access to the email traffic? Call everyday until you get a tracking number on the check you receive. That keeps them from lagging on their end.

Anyways, my payment is being processed and they expect the tracking number on my check by COB today or tomorrow morning. The are overnighting so that's a plus.

Stingin' Away

Southwestern Ohio
Funny, 10 minutes after I posted the last response, I received a tracking number from Vroom and it'll be here tomorrow afternoon.

I won't cross my fingers but the process has been simple and easy. Took longer than what they stated but no issues with the processes they have in place.

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
I give Vroom more leeway than most. I would love to feel like I’m their only customer, but in reality, they run a massive operation, which can be a logistical nightmare.

It took ten days for me to receive their FedEx package. Despite the correct address on the paperwork, when it got over to the contracts team, they sent the package to my old address, where we sold two cars to them back in 2019.

I noticed on the same day I received the shipping email that it was going to the wrong city. I could have logged into the FedEx delivery manager application and had the package held at a local facility for pickup, but I didn’t. Instead, I opted to call Vroom on the same day to alert them of the problem. They opened a case and said someone would be in touch with me in 24-48 hrs.

Days go by, and I hear nothing. However, I start receiving automated emails that because the paperwork hadn’t been returned that the deal would expire. So I call again, and I’m told that a case is open and to wait—still nothing after a few more days. So I call again, rinse and repeat.

Finally, I had enough. I called this past Monday, and after the initial rep gave me the same spiel that the other 4-5 representatives provided, I told him that it wasn’t good enough and that I needed to speak with a manager or supervisor. He transferred me, and I waited on hold for about 10 minutes before someone answered.

She asked what problems I was encountering, and I told her. She put me on hold to look into it, and after about 3 minutes, she came back on the line and emphatically apologized. She saw that the case had been closed and could not find another FedEx tracking number and therefore deduced that no action had been taken. She then reopened the case and flagged it as urgent. She provided her direct extension for any issues up to payoff. An hour later, she called me back saying that updated paperwork was going out that same day and provided an updated FedEx tracking number.

The documents were received the next day, signed, and mailed back. They were delivered this morning, and she called to tell me they were received. Next up is scheduling the pickup. I’ll probably make another payment; payment is due on the 15th, and I await the overpayment check from my lien holder.

I like vroom. I’m not upset that a mixup with paperwork happened. I could’ve prevented it from happening, but I shouldn’t need to do their job for them. Not to mention, the delay bought me some time to finish restoring the car to stock form, so I took my time. I removed my plates today, so really, I don’t care when they come by to get it, so long as the lienholder receives payment before 7/15.
If Vroom ran their operations end-to-end, then I would have problems. But seeing as how they’re operating on a national scale, during the peak of used car sales, I cut them a measure of slack. When they’re dealing with contracted drivers for pickup and delivery, and who knows what conditions they’re driving in, I can see where some grace comes into play. Had this been a delivery from the dealership 5 miles away, then I wouldn’t have that same level of empathy. Given the climate, they’re doing well, but things can be better. On the other hand, things could also be much worse.

Navybear70

Newish Member
Mobile, AL
I came here hoping to replace my wife’s 2019 GT2 we traded back in Nov. The dealership only gave us payoff (~$32.5k) and it had 19k miles on it. I know everything happens for a reason, but man... looks like my Stinger will have to wait.

EClapp3

They are a bit clueless whoever you speak with. The individuals I speak with do not communicate across the board. I've been asked 4 times if I have sent in the Bill of Lading confirming pick up. I sent it on Monday. How do they all not have access to the email traffic? Call everyday until you get a tracking number on the check you receive. That keeps them from lagging on their end.

Anyways, my payment is being processed and they expect the tracking number on my check by COB today or tomorrow morning. The are overnighting so that's a plus.
They were! I had to talk to 2 different people to tell me they send the full amount to the bank the loan is at then the bank will disperse me the positive equity. I sent in the BOL yesterday. They did tell me to keep calling and make sure they get that.