Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger Steering Wheel badge

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Gary Naples, Feb 26, 2018.

1. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Active Member

Looking forward to receiving it. Thank you.

2. 4WDlifeform

4WDlifeform United States Newish Member

Been following this for a while, and pre-ordered the stinger script badge. The "version 2" badge arrived on Friday (June 8th) and just got around to working on it today.

We stuck it on directly over the existing badge, and did not like how it was raised up off the steering wheel. It looked too much like a sticker over the emblem (well, which it is... but was hoping for a clean inconspicuous install). We did not like it, so carefully peeled it off, which ruined the foam adhesive.

[​IMG]

So, we thought to extract the existing KIA badge, which ended up being miserable. After some time of finagling and carefully pulling this badge out, here is what I find:

[​IMG]

7 metal tabs!? Seriously KIA!?? So, instant regret.. The badge is very thin, and sits over a protrusion of plastic. I was hoping that there would be a flat recess that the new logo would fit into, but that is not the case.

Re-stickied the back of the script badge with some 3M foam body tape:

[​IMG]

And stuck it on with very similar results, as expected. But, at least there is something there for now. The edges (as previously mentioned by others in this thread) are wrinkled, and it stands high, looking like an overlay.

[​IMG]

Since I ruined this one in the learning process, I'll be buying another from @ImportSharkMike and try again. I'll try leaving the KIA badge off, since I pretty much ruined it getting it off anyway. If that doesn't work, I MAY try cutting out the protrusion and placing a flat piece of plastic to set the script badge on to (maybe I'll order two new script badges! :rolleyes:). If that fails, I'll cough up the $400 for an E logo airbag and be done with it.

All in all, not worth it. Should have left it alone. Took re-badging too far!! I agree with some folk's comments, that KIA does deserve a little credit for making such a great car. Maybe they over-complicated the steering wheel logo on purpose, as to punish us for doing this to their logos!!! The whole re-badge experience has been awful, extremely difficult, and marginal quality overall IMO. But, it is fun to watch people examine the car, and force them to ask, "what car is this"!?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ImportSharkMike

ImportSharkMike United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

Don't buy another, just inbox me your info and I'll send you one for free. Keep in mind the wrinkles do smooth out after about an hour or so--at least on this revised version. Below is how mine looks. And yes, DO NOT pull the badge off. The foam adhesive is only meant to be applied once and that's it, so you have to be ultra careful to align as perfectly as possible the first time. IMG_0764.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  4. 4WDlifeform

4WDlifeform United States Newish Member

5. NYdito

NYdito United States Member

Mine Came with a white dot in the top and keep emailing mike but no answer since Friday.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. ImportSharkMike

ImportSharkMike United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

Yes well these things should be brought to a company's attention BEFORE you do the install, not after. Regardless, thanks for updating your post to let people know you were already offered reimbursement.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. NYdito

NYdito United States Member

Yes I was Offered reimbursement for half I guess you only stand by your product half way. How would I know it was defective if it had a clear plastic over it. Plus you would think it’s good quality no need to check but was wrong no worries won’t be shopping there again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted