Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger Steering Wheel badge

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Gary Naples, Feb 26, 2018.

1. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Stinger Enthusiast

Looking forward to receiving it. Thank you.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. 4WDlifeform

4WDlifeform United States Member

Been following this for a while, and pre-ordered the stinger script badge. The "version 2" badge arrived on Friday (June 8th) and just got around to working on it today.

We stuck it on directly over the existing badge, and did not like how it was raised up off the steering wheel. It looked too much like a sticker over the emblem (well, which it is... but was hoping for a clean inconspicuous install). We did not like it, so carefully peeled it off, which ruined the foam adhesive.

[​IMG]

So, we thought to extract the existing KIA badge, which ended up being miserable. After some time of finagling and carefully pulling this badge out, here is what I find:

[​IMG]

7 metal tabs!? Seriously KIA!?? So, instant regret.. The badge is very thin, and sits over a protrusion of plastic. I was hoping that there would be a flat recess that the new logo would fit into, but that is not the case.

Re-stickied the back of the script badge with some 3M foam body tape:

[​IMG]

And stuck it on with very similar results, as expected. But, at least there is something there for now. The edges (as previously mentioned by others in this thread) are wrinkled, and it stands high, looking like an overlay.

[​IMG]

Since I ruined this one in the learning process, I'll be buying another from @ImportSharkMike and try again. I'll try leaving the KIA badge off, since I pretty much ruined it getting it off anyway. If that doesn't work, I MAY try cutting out the protrusion and placing a flat piece of plastic to set the script badge on to (maybe I'll order two new script badges! :rolleyes:). If that fails, I'll cough up the $400 for an E logo airbag and be done with it.

All in all, not worth it. Should have left it alone. Took re-badging too far!! I agree with some folk's comments, that KIA does deserve a little credit for making such a great car. Maybe they over-complicated the steering wheel logo on purpose, as to punish us for doing this to their logos!!! The whole re-badge experience has been awful, extremely difficult, and marginal quality overall IMO. But, it is fun to watch people examine the car, and force them to ask, "what car is this"!?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ImportSharkMike

ImportSharkMike United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 6
  4. 4WDlifeform

4WDlifeform United States Member

5. NYdito

NYdito United States Active Member

Mine Came with a white dot in the top and keep emailing mike but no answer since Friday.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. ImportSharkMike

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. NYdito

NYdito United States Active Member

Yes I was Offered reimbursement for half I guess you only stand by your product half way. How would I know it was defective if it had a clear plastic over it. Plus you would think it’s good quality no need to check but was wrong no worries won’t be shopping there again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jaws

Jaws United States Newish Member

Hey Mike!

Any updates on the E-logo steering Badge? Got any pictures you could share with us or an updated timeline? Thanks

9. Joseph Spiegel

Joseph Spiegel United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

My thinking is; first and foremost this is an airbag. If it inflates things get violent really quickly. I think all those tabs are part of the don’t let this part become a launched projectile. It has to survive the the explosion and not separate from the main body. Being a logo is secondary.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Jaws

Jaws United States Newish Member

Mike, just wanted to ask again, any updates on the status of the E-badge steering wheel badge? Thanks

11. Ace2Rolex

Ace2Rolex Canada Member Sustaining Member

Has anyone installed the OEM airbag assembly with the E badge? I’m thinking about purchasing it but am unable to confirm it will function on a GT LIMITED.

12. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Just received this from Sal’s Stinger Shop, talk about fast shipping, less than a week from Florida USA to Sydney AUS, good job Sal & nice quality....:thumbup:
    Although with price, shipping & exchange rate I’ll be eating beans all week...lol.
    Anyway so much higher quality & look than the sticker one I had purchased previously from ImportSharkMike as detailed in above messages, it lasted one day.
    B718521D-DCDE-4111-A0EA-F4AEF7C4C9B3.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. bumble bee

bumble bee United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

looking good GT SS.

14. Randal

Randal United States Member

I’m waiting for the “E” badge myself... but that looks good as well. Sal provides solid products!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Thanks @Randal, & yes Sal has solid products.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

That looks much better than the Importshark overlay. Is it a sticker or replacement?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. StingerBee

StingerBee Singapore Member

20180906_212344.png

10 bucks DIY sticker overlay

18. Bobr

Bobr Unspecified Country - Europe Active Member

Waiting for E logo as well .. after that, my car will be fully Eefied :D

19. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Mike had it made and it's pretty good. Much better than the vinyl decal overlays (first generation). These are thin but strong and get placed over/on top of the KIA logo. Lots of pictures here: OEM Style "STINGER" Steering Wheel Emblem - Kia Stinger dot com

• Like Like x 1
  20. ImportSharkMike

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted