1. The Kia Stinger Owners Group is a private community. Please login or register to unlock the full content.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger Pre-order offer price and features (Korea)

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by app_master, May 12, 2017.

1. David

David New Member

Sorry, perhaps I am unsure how an LSD works, but a car can be both AWD and have an LSD, right? In this case, an AWD Stinger can have an LSD enabled mode.

2. app_master

app_master Active Member Founding Member

No apologies necessary mate. We are taking both feature and function at the same time.

I am not certain either with the Stinger system, but AWD can most definitely have LSD type behaviors. The selected drive mode would normally dictate when/how it funtions.

Kia's description of the AWD system on the Stinger; Rear-wheel drive-based dynamic / superb driving performance. They've talked it up there, so you would expect it to be pretty good.

Someone more knowledgeable will chime in I'm sure...

3. app_master

Ok, I so actually found Android Auto hidden in the website details... see image, 3rd icon top row.
    And image text as translated; ...with advanced mirror link function, we have implemented connectivity such as Android Auto and Car Play

...thank goodness
    stinger-pre-interior-detail-view-01-03 (1).jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    panaut0lordv and seanmccubb like this.
  4. app_master

Interior colors;
    • Dark Red Pack - (Gasoline 3.3 GT only, nappa leather)
    • One-Tone Brown - (Napa / natural / artificial leather)
    • One-tone Black - (Napa / natural / artificial leather)
    PS...I will certainly be going for that DARK RED PACK.

stinger-pre-interior-detail-view-03-01.jpg stinger-pre-interior-detail-view-03-02.jpg stinger-pre-interior-detail-view-03-03.jpg

seanmccubb and Marco-Oz like this.
  5. Marco-Oz

Marco-Oz New Member

Me too! Love it.

6. carlosfernandez

carlosfernandez Member

count me too with red exterior so awesome !!

7. Going for brown. The red one looks like pimpmobile for me. :D

8. panaut0lordv

panaut0lordv New Member

Okay, some theory then ;)
    Usually AWD cars have three diffs: front, center and rear. Center in most of them is some computer-controlled clutch engaging only when needed, better solutions (like S-AWD/Quattro) are viscous/mechanical. And the best also provide some control over how much it locks (equals speeds) or opens (equals torques). Open center diff makes no sense because it could become no wheel drive in the event of one slippage (equal zero torque on all), so no fear about this area. Front center LSD isn't too important either, as it could contribute to understeer tendencies. But rear LSD - that is a must in a proper AWD performance car. It makes sure that out of 4 wheels you have power on at least three, that is both rear and one of the fronta. So if Stinger sports anything like Subaru's DCCD and changing modes will change the level of center/rear differentials lock percentage then it should be a great drivetrain.

app_master likes this.
  9. STINGER

STINGER New Member

Any chance we can get larger pictures?

No mention of the D-wheel, I guess it is standard??

10. app_master

Sorry man, no --- I looked high'n'low, for some larger pictures.
    D-cut wheel --- yeah might be standard in Korea, but remember this is only the pre-release sale information.

11. David

David New Member

The D wheel is a GT only feature for the US market

12. carlosfernandez

carlosfernandez Member

love to see it and in one of the reviews that I saw the person says that seats are as soft as AUDI !!! I count on that !!!

Kia Stinger likes this.
  13. app_master

So the the FAST EXPERIENCE event applications in Korea, which I am assuming is for actual pre-orders, seems to have been overwhelmingly received..."explosive interest in stingers" they say...

Did kia really expect anything less than "explosive"?
    I expect the same level of "interest" worldwide too, especially if they offer a similar test drive day event.

http://stinger.kia.com/contract/index.html

kia fast experience.png

Kia Stinger and seanmccubb like this.
  14. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger Administrator Staff Member

Explosive interest. This is pretty awesome! :)

15. So happy the cup holder has a cover lol!!! I'll likely go for brown or black seats, I currently have red seats and want to switch things up a bit.

Kia Stinger likes this.
  16. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I want the cup holder cover as well. I think it looks better that way. Hopefully it carries over to here in the U.S. Of course it's not a deal breaker by any means. :p

lostnspace likes this.
  17. STINGER

STINGER New Member

Yes, agreed cupholder cover is a must.

Kia Stinger likes this.
  18. carlosfernandez

carlosfernandez Member

Cup holder cover is irrelevant to me !!

Kia Stinger likes this.
  19. app_master

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 8:33 PM