Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger GT+ Nitpicks and Rants

Discussion in 'Open Letters to Kia Motors' started by KGT1, Jun 21, 2019.

1. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

And also to close if you are in the car.

2. Stinger Girl

Stinger Girl United States Member

Who knows, whatever it is it's a warranty item.

But then again this dealer's service dept is questionable and I probably will not go back there again. Below is the paint scraped off the passenger rail when they gave it back to me. The service manager said he didn't know how that could have happened, everything was done on the driver's side to install the remote start. I asked him are you sure about that? He responded oh yes, they wouldn't have even opened the passenger side door. I told him I had only had the car a week and I never opened that door and I definitely would have seen that at delivery. He said ok we will fix it as a "courtesy". I said ok, and in the back of mind thinking you are so fired.

Stinger Door Rail.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. StingMe

StingMe United States Active Member

People who dislike stop/start should get very familiar with that button, because in most new vehicles with stop/start, it is likely to be a “nonlatching” feature, meaning that every time the car’s ignition is turned off, stop/start will reset to active once the vehicle is turned back on. If you never want to drive with stop/start engaged, you’ll have to hit that button every time you fire up your car or truck.

Automakers get incentives to do it this way from the Environmental Protection Agency. If the vehicle’s stop/start system is nonlatching and automatically turns on whenever you start the car, the EPA’s fuel-economy test results will be calculated only when the system is engaged. But if a vehicle’s stop/start system can be permanently turned off, then the vehicle’s fuel economy is tested both when stop/start is active and when it’s off. The EPA then averages the two tests for a resulting fuel-economy rating found on the car’s window sticker—which is certain to be lower.

The Real Reason Stop/Start Systems Won’t Stay Turned Off | News | Car and Driver

4. Stinger Girl

Stinger Girl United States Member

And that's just fine with me. If they didn't play these games to lower the fuel economy, we'd end up paying a gas guzzler tax when we purchase them. It didn't take me long to develop the 1/2 second habit of hitting that button when I start the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shrikecorp

Shrikecorp United States Active Member Sustaining Member

Yep. It can be changed in the settings, however.

6. Shrikecorp

Shrikecorp United States Active Member Sustaining Member

It's funny to me how polarizing the auto stop is. I like it, it was a selling point. Perhaps 4th worst (as of 2016, anyway) traffic in the country has something to do with it.

But those hideous buttons. Like a festering blackhead for your door. Someone puts out a clean aftermarket fix, I'll look at it. Can think of ways to get it done.

Draft saved Draft deleted