1. The Kia Stinger Owners Group is a private community. Please login or register to unlock the full content.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger GT by the Numbers

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger in the News' started by seanmccubb, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh New Member

Yeah my max for the GT is in the $42-45K range if it exceeds that I'm out as I can get a different car where performance and looks are comparable, but it'll be an established luxury brand and there won't be as much depreciation I'll have to worry about.

2. eljay

eljay Member

I, like STNGRNV, have always driven without blindspot detection, but I don't think that's going to be a good idea with the Stinger. It doesn't have anywhere near the visibility I've got in my current car, and last time I had a fastback with a hatch, the rear window was as wide as the car; the Stinger's is more like a porthole, and high up. That's the one thing I don't really like about it, but it's not like anything else out there has much more visibility. It's like they figured out a way to force us to buy all the features that make up for the lack of visibility.

3. STNGRNV

STNGRNV New Member

Thanks. I've never driven this style of car so I have no experience with visibility. Hopefully visibility is good. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Also, I was not a fan of those survey trims. I'm hoping those are not what the final product ends up being.

4. davebo

davebo Member

I imagine I'll be okay without the blind spot detection. Like they say at driving schools, don't angle the mirrors so you can just see the side of the car from the driving position, move your head over where the window is, then the center armrest, and angle them so you can see the edge of the car. That way when you go back to driving position you're looking at your blind spots instead of what's behind and to the side. The rear view mirror should handle everything behind.

Unless it really is so high up that the rear window is useless, which would be a shame.

5. jburns

jburns Member

Add 10K and I think you will be close.

• Like Like x 1
  6. eljay

eljay Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. davebo

davebo Member

Wow. That's both helpful and disheartening, although I'll hold out for a more direct angle. Seems like I'll definitely be leaving the headrests in the trunk except when needed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. STNGRNV

STNGRNV New Member

Yeah, I'm not shelling out 35k+ for a 4cyl Kia. We'll see if they shoot themselves in a foot. I'm buying a car within the next 5 months regardless. If Kia gets their act together, then it will be a Stinger.