kia stinger store

Quick Jack

StingerLover

VA
I'm definitely hesitating between the BL-6000XLT and the BL-7000EXT. I might have to get in touch with QuickJack to check if the 6000XLT can work for regular SUVs. The wheelbase of a Stinger is so fricken long, and the 6000XLT has almost 10" longer lift point spread compared to the 7000EXT...

Compare All QuickJack Models
I'm hoping the 5000EXT will cut it. It should, given the 5000SLX in use above.

Hawk853

Central Jersey
Anyone ever confirm the cheapest model that will work for a stinger?
Quick Jack gave me a military discount on top of a sale if you qualify yourself.
It definitely does the trick. $1492 delivered for the 6000. Must call for the compound discount, an email inquiry didn’t net the same result.

I would have opted for a MaxJax if my garage floor was suitable. The Quick Jacks have obvious size/vehicle constraints from one model to another. I see MaxJax on sale at Costco often.

AusStinger

I bought a BL-7000EXT not long ago ( got it at the same price as the 6000 EXT ) and its great but a little bulky / heavy to move around.

If you can manage most things with a jack, stands and /or ramps you probably don't need one of these. If the stinger was more friendly to jack in the front I would have given it a miss but now that I have one I use it a fair amount.

Quickjack2.jpg

SilverNitr8

Ashburn, VA
I bought a BL-7000EXT not long ago ( got it at the same price as the 6000 EXT ) and its great but a little bulky / heavy to move around.

If you can manage most things with a jack, stands and /or ramps you probably don't need one of these. If the stinger was more friendly to jack in the front I would have given it a miss but now that I have one I use it a fair amount.

View attachment 57362
From the pic, it looks like you are not lifting on the right location. Shouldn't you be hitting the pinch weld between the two notches? It looks like you're hitting the plastic rocker panel.

EClapp3

From the pic, it looks like you are not lifting on the right location. Shouldn't you be hitting the pinch weld between the two notches? It looks like you're hitting the plastic rocker panel.
The pinch weld runs the length of the car. It doesn't matter where the pad is placed.

AusStinger

Yeah the pinch weld runs the length of the underside but the jacking points are reinforced.

The front blocks are on the jack points but the back doesn't reach. You can buy extenders but I didn't go that way.

What I did to combat the risk of damaging the pinch welds is to run 4 blocks per side distributing the weight more evenly ( since this pic was taken ).

Last edited:

RogueIV

Been thinking of a 5000 since I would need it for multiple cars one of which is a rather small Nissan 240sx.

RogueIV

Doesn't help that my garage has really crappy concrete so a 2 post is completely out of the question till I move on to a better house/garage.

AusStinger

Do yourselves a favor and do some measurements of the jacking points of both ( or all ) your cars and then research the models of Quickjack's.
My 7000EXT has a long forward section for block placement and 2 decent size sections in the rear to accommodate a number of block locations / cars.

Quickjack Front.jpg
Quickjack Rear.jpg

Where I have the blocks in these pics are the furthest forward and aft locations for lifting the stinger and as you can see by prior pics, it's still not actually "properly" long enough so these jacks 'might' suit shorter wheel based cars.

Last edited:

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
Just buy the cheapest BL-5000SLX you can find. Often they can be had for several hundreds less than MSRP. Then use part of your savings to buy the SLX frame extensions which allow 5000SLX and 7000SLX models the same reach as an extended-length EXT model. Now you have 2 adjustable rail lengths, 31.5”-60” and 37.5”-66”, which is ideal if you have another car or SUV with a shorter wheel base. Changing frame lengths requires no tools and is a 20 second process. Storing the frame extensions requires no additional space.

FYI, if you think you can get by with the cheapest model and frame extensions, don’t try it. First, the Stinger weighs more than the limit of the BL-3500. Second, the frame extensions don’t fit the BL-3500 due to its much shorter frame length. Don’t cheap out on safety.

Last edited: