Worst mod period

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Travis Wills

Stinger Enthusiast
Its is modern day snake oil. Throttle controllers don't remove any supposed delay. All they do is remap the throttle curve. You can get the same result by just using your foot.
Here is just one of the scenarios where you are wrong. I can’t use Launch Control because I am RWD and it just spins the tires uncontrollably. However, if I just mash the gas from a dig after a few burnouts I can get traction.

With the Wind Booster in Drag mode it acts like a digital throttle. The gas is either on or off like that. With launch control you don’t care how fast you can press the pedal. However, without launch control using the WindBooster saves you valuable 10ths of a second in pedal travel. You would be surprised at how long it actually takes to fully depress the pedal.

There are many other valid uses for the WindBooster too. It definitely doesn’t add any more power. It doesn’t make the throttle more sensitive. However, it does make the pedal more sensitive and that is very useful in some specific cases.

I am quite satisfied with getting a sub 2.0 second 60 foot without any tune or using the brake snip or even the e-brake launch. I couldn’t do this without the WindBooster.

Attachments

• 0B001713-BF89-4FD8-A55E-621FEFE53268.jpeg
    0B001713-BF89-4FD8-A55E-621FEFE53268.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 5

GT2inSeattle

Its is modern day snake oil. Throttle controllers don't remove any supposed delay. All they do is remap the throttle curve. You can get the same result by just using your foot.
I'd like to agree with you.. however I just put the Racechip XLR in my GT2. And while it's not magic by any stretch.. it definitely is better for responsiveness on acceleration than merely 'using my foot'. But to each their own...!

Blue Bucket

South Korea
I'll just leave this here...
20210107_233859.png

Luminary

Sustaining Member +
Northern VA

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW