1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

NSW - Owners Register

Discussion in 'Stingers Down Under' started by Stinger GT SS, Feb 22, 2018.

1. jraj7995

jraj7995 Australia Newish Member

I am still too new to post pics yet so will try pop some up when I am able to

• Like Like x 2
  2. jraj7995

[​IMG](Canards not installed yet, but after a wash and wax)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally managed to rack up enough posts to put up images

• Like Like x 3
  3. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Active Member

The body kit looks good, not sure I'm a fan of the devils claw canards, would be good to see from a different angle if you've got any more pics. Don't mind the LED bumper reflectors, I take it they activate with indicators etc? Also could you squeeze a bigger sub into the boot lol. Did you think about colour matching the spoiler? Just curious as I have the same colour car and thinking about a few mods, just not sure I want to spend heaps yet :unsure:Looks good though mate, keep it up. :thumbup:

4. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Sub in the boot, boy I’m old, at first glance I thought it was a tumble dryer.....lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. jraj7995

[​IMG]

Thanks Coast! That's another pic of the canards. I did consider colour matching the spoiler but after seeing a few pics on this forum and facebook, I found that that colour matched spoiler somewhat blended in too much and looked similar to stock whereas with the matte it added a nice contrast and flow with the rest of the kit (and I didn't have to pay to paint it!). I may consider wrapping the car later as there are quite a few stone chips already on the car that Kia are inspecting or may consider colour matching at a later point.

Yep, the LED sequential lights are on with the brake lights and work with the indicators. They are as follows

Haha, this good ole tumble drier subwoofer has done me good from 2007 to now and the ported sub has the smooth extension required that you don't get with a sealed subwoofer I feel. I may consider a custom sub install later into the recess in the lateral walls in the boot but for now, this is the 16th speaker that the HK system was lacking and complement the sound system. Also, its easy to disconnect when actual boot space is needed so its a quick removal of which I would occasionally do in my old i30.

6. Flipper

Flipper Australia New Member

Hi All, Have had my Micro Blue 3.3GT for about 6 weeks now but only just got around to registering for the forum. Currently living at North Ryde but will be moving to the Northern Beaches before the end of the year.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Hi @Flipper, thanks for signing up, welcome to the forum & the Stinger Owners Fraternity it’s a nice colour you got....enjoy your new ride......:thumbup:
    Plenty of information about this car to be had in this forum.

8. Flipper

Flipper Australia New Member

Thanks Stinger GT. Yep, have found the forum great. Tried to sign up a few weeks ago but got some error saying it wouldn't allow me to sign up with a hotmail email address. That issue appears to be fixed now :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coast GT

Welcome aboard, there was a thread recently from one of our Canadian friends asking where all the blue Stingers were. Good to see some Aussie Micro Blue hitting the forum.

10. Coast GT

Looks like you’ve already spent a small fortune on the mods. Interesting that you’ve already got a heap of stone chips and that Kia are looking into it. Did you go through your dealership or direct to Kia customer service? I’m 3 months in and I’m noticing more all the time. Mentioned it in passing last time I was at the dealership but they brushed it off. I do most of my driving on the M1 and suburban streets so not like I’m bush bashing in it. They’re mostly on the bonnet, but right through the paint. I’ve even noticed some small chips in the plastic of the front bumper and the chrome on the drivers side mirror. Whatever they made the Stinger from it’s soft as anything. In 15 years my old Commodore never had chips in the housing of the mirrors and it was regularly driven on unsealed roads in western NSW.

11. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Hi Coast yes "Stone chips" on micro blue was a topic in these pages some months back it was the second most noticed behind yellow and we all know what happened there. Do a bit of a search and you might find others that "may" have had that issue.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ozstung

Nice Rosemary bush in pic 1, needs pruning though, better now go buy some lamb lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. jraj7995

Welcome flipper!

I went through my local dealer in Wagga and voices my concerns about the stone chips through the paint similar to yourself. I had an i30 that had 250k km on it and had minimal stone chips and I would flog that off road and on the highways etc. So they took pics of it all and were going to send it to HQ and get back to me.

Haha yes @Ozstung it does need pruning but it's a rental and not alot of time with work and routine boring life stuff. . Are you volunteering your pruning services? :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ozstung

Gladly I do have two green thumbs its about my only claim to fame apart from of course my Stinger:laugh:

Draft saved Draft deleted