Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Not all GT2's have heated steering wheel

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Jonathan, Feb 3, 2018.

1. wott3rbee

wott3rbee United States Newish Member

Got a link?

2. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Sorry, wrong forum. I'm on two of these, living vicariously until my GT1 AWD arrives. another forum is much more modification-oriented, but they did build in regions in one of the threads. That would actually work better on this forum (the better of the two). I listed my location in my profile here, so maybe that's enough. Anyway, the GT2 AWD I test drove had a heated steering wheel.

3. wott3rbee

Nice! This is the first forum I joined in anticipation. I'm waiting for warmer months to test drive the GT2 which will be closer to the time I pull the trigger. Its rolling on summers right now. I'm gunna be sure mine comes with 18" summers as well. Want my 167mph topspeed. (Not that I'll ever use it)

4. mldavis2

Maybe I misunderstand you, but if you order the car from Kia with the 18" wheels/tires, you get the 140 mph limit on the computer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. wott3rbee

Your correct. I meant to say the 19" lol. As I understand it in another thread. If you get allseason tires with AWD your limited to 140

6. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. wott3rbee

• Like Like x 1
  8. mldavis2

Thanks, interesting state grouping, but works for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

One of the features I look forward to most :)

10. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly United Kingdom Member

It is one of those options that I would never have selected if it was extra cost but it is great on a winter morning - particularly after scrapping off the frost. Is it part of a winter package, as we get heated rear seats as well?

11. mldavis2

Heated seats are "standard." But the heated steering wheel .... I guess I'll have to take the gloves off to enjoy it, 'cause I don't scrape windows with bare hands in the winter. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly United Kingdom Member

It’s a kind of perverse pleasure - take the pain to enjoy the heated steering wheel even more!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. wott3rbee

Absolutely. Gloves are mega cumbersome imo. So I try to make the job of brushing off the snow and scraping off the underlying ice a quick one. Making a heated steering wheel all the more worth it

• Like Like x 2
  14. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Active Member

I'm right there with you and thought it came standard on GT2s.:( I didnt notice until it was in the 50s today and I went to put them on for the first time...

Am I wrong, or is it a little deceiving having different features on the same trim line? I was already disappointed that I was forced to spend thousands more for the GT2 just to get the beautiful White(Light Gray) interior.:cautious: I really didnt need all the extra features, but I appeased myself with the fact that at least the GT2 was "loaded" and included every option from the factory. I'm now realizing that my "loaded" GT2 is missing more than I expected.(No heated rear seats, steering wheel, 360 camera, Charging pad, etc):rolleyes:

I will admit it was a nice feature, but I dont like the idea that I would have had to pay another $2,200 for an AWD version just to include that one extra feature...

:poop: But I guess you live and learn, right?
    As my mother would say, "I'm not mad KIA, I'm just disappointed..." Lol

15. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

For some bizzare reason KIA decided that the heated steering wheel feature was only available with the AWD on the GT2 trim. WTH!!!??
    GT2 is supposedly the top of the line trim we should not need to add a different drive train in order just to get that one feature. I guess it was not enough removing the 360 camera and Qi charging features. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

I guess they thought winter = awd = heated steering wheel

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Active Member

I agree and that makes sense in general, but then why include heated seats on the RWD version but not the rest of the "winter" features? The mysteries of the universe I guess... Lol

18. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Active Member

Well, I guess I'm glad I got the GT2 AWD!

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted