Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We're so glad you found us. Please click the button below and become a member!
Register Now
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Lease vs Finance Discussion

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by MarkyMark, Jan 3, 2018.

1. MarkyMark

MarkyMark United States Member

There is a $750 rebate available for purchasing right now. Not much, but it's something. Should get around $2k off of MSRP (and try to get the $750 also). But yes, up to 60 months is at 0.0% APR via KMF (Kia Motors Financial). Nice to get some free money!

I am hopeful the pie will be sweetened this fall to the tune of $1k - $1500 in factory to consumer and/or factory to dealer incentives to really shake it up.

2. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Purchase...

3. BarryLI

BarryLI United States Member

I was set on getting a Premium 2.0 because I now drive like my Grandmother would have if she drove (I'm old), but the first GT2 AWD (red) appearing at my local dealership enticed me to re-think my position. I contacted them and at the moment I have a no $ down offer of $612 a month (36 mos, 10k)which I've countered with $588 (having run my own lease calculator) hoping we can meet in the middle, MSRP is $52,410, selling price $47,354. If the deal goes down I have to thank my friends here for the vital information you need to negotiate a lease, before contacting a dealer I have all my ducks in a row, money factor, factory cash, residual, and the knowledge of what a good lease will look like. I'm no master negotiator, I haven't set foot in the showroom except to eyeball a Korean GT2 they have there a couple of weeks ago, all communication has been via e-mail the past couple of days. This site has enabled me to "do my research" so I don't have to sit in a dealership sweating for 5 hours, I'll show up to hand over my $600, sign the docs, and drive my GT2 home, many thanks y'all. For those who crap on leasing there's no better feeling than driving a $52,000 car out the door leaving only $600 behind. :)

• Like Like x 6
  4. iclicku

iclicku United States Active Member

Happy to help Barry and congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  5. BarryLI

Hahaha! I e-mailed for a confirmation before leaving for the showroom and found out that the $612 is exclusive of tax ($1900) and tags which should climb to $2700 or so, I countered with your $679 per, let’s see if they bite.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MarkyMark

MarkyMark United States Member

Hello Barry, Go STRAIGHT HERE: 2018 Kia Stinger Incentives and Rebates | Autobytel.com

NOTICE: Lease Cash on a GT2 AWD is $7,200 for a 36mo lease! You should get ALL OF THAT off the MSRP! Thus, $52,410 - $7,200 = $45,210! PLUS, you should get the dealer to come off themselves another $2k, leaving you with a selling price of $43,210!

This is state-side, and in the Pacific NW, but the national lease cash should be nearly identical. Good luck Barry, hope this helps!

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. BarryLI

$52,410 MSRP GT2 In red/black for $649 per month times 36 mos, how’d I do?

• Like Like x 2
  8. iclicku

If that is for 12k/yr miles then I think you have a great deal then! But as long as you're happy that's all that matters.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. BarryLI

10,000 my friend, thanks to you I might add, thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  10. iclicku

I wish you the best but ultimately when you start driving the car all the numbers just fade away. At least in my experience...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Chris

Chris United States Active Member

MN
    IMO that number is too high. Paying over 23k over 36 months for a car that costs 52k is a lot especially when you factor in the lease cash. With the lease cash 52k is really 45k. Paying over 50% of the cost of the car is way more than what I would pay on a 3 year lease, (I paid less than 33% over 3 years when I leased my 2013 optima) but right now it is what it is. Unless you want to wait I doubt you can do much better.

12. iclicku

Well, he gets to drive one now.

13. BarryLI

The lease factor of 4.75% is the culprit here methinks.

14. Chris

MN
    Yep that MF blows... :thumbdown:

15. Chris

MN
    Yep, the question everyone has to ask is it worth it to them personally. If in 6 months if you can get it for 100 less a month, is it worth it to pay 3600 more for the privelage of having it now? For me it's not, but like I said to each their own..

16. BarryLI

Agreed, but your figure of $100 could in actuality be $50 or less, none of us has a crystal ball. My Cadenza is due back in 10 days so I gotta act, considering what’s being offered now I’m content.

17. iclicku

We're all full of opinions here. You certainly don't need my approval. Ultimately your checking account gets the final approval. I'm just content knowing there is another stinger on the road potentially.

I do not work for KIA...lol. Not a fan boy either as its my first KIA. I just like great cars in general.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris

MN
    Haha yeah when you're stuck, you're stuck. You are correct, I am not 100% sure what it will be in the future. Based on past experience, and what other Hyundai and Kia cars have leased for I would guess it might be a bit more than 100 less. I'm just glad I'm not in the position you are and have to make the decision right now. If I was it would be a tough call, but I might cave and pay the money like you..

19. So do you believe in 6 months the lease deals will be better or the prices will be lower in general?

20. Chris

MN
    Yes to both. Right now it's almost impossible to get a price below MSRP. That is ridiculously crazy to pay. I just picked up a new Jeep compass for over 18% off MSRP. In 6-8 months you should be able to get at least 10% off MSRP off the stinger. I also don't see that MF staying as high as it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted