Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Lease then Buyout - Contract Explanation

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Mach_Tuck, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

MY CU took my buyout info, contacted KIA when I was on the phone to confirm the amount, cut me a check for it, I sent it to KIA and once they cashed it and it showed paid, I started to ask for the title. It came about 3 weeks later. The only thing KIA asked for from my was the odometer statement (of course the payoff check was needed first), I faxed it to them multiple times just to make sure they got it and then got the title, got the car re-titled and that process is now done.

2. rippingpants

rippingpants United States Newish Member

Give them a call. If they don't have you in the system, contact your dealer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mulepic

mulepic United States Newish Member

It took 2 months before my kmfusa profile was available, but this was mainly b/c the dealer needed to correct the documentation and dragged their feet doing so. 4 weeks isn't unheard of, but You should call kia financial 855.278.0432
    and ask if your documentation has been submitted by the dealership and is complete. I called them every other day to find out the status of my paperwork and called the dealership to make them aware of any mistakes....I had to resign twice.

Once kia financial approves the paperwork it goes on to kmfusa.com then you'll get an online profile. Their customer service number is 1.866.331.5632 I called them weekly for 3 months. I took deliver of my car in middle July and didn't have my title in-hand till middle of October. Just stay on it.

4. Jimbeaux

Jimbeaux United States Newish Member

KMF balloon loan sheet uploaded. No 2019 Stingers. List allowable states. Finding most dealers don’t want it or don’t know about it. Dealers are now mini banks who make their money financing 7 year loans.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Brandon V

Brandon V United States Newish Member

Thoughts on this lease offer? Sorry for bad quality. Should I put money down? I am planning on doing a buyout to own after 1-2 months. Anything I should ask for from the dealer?
    image1.jpeg

6. Bugout

Bugout United States Member

Decent numbers. Don't put anything down unless you plan on buying it out immediately. If the car gets totaled before the buyout goes through you lose it all.

7. sergey

sergey United States Newish Member

how did you get 12k rebate?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Are all those options currently installed on the car? Whats "Nitro"?

That Dealer fee is kind of high

• Like Like x 1
  9. sergey

ask to not charge you for any accessories, and 3k dealer discount is atrocious that late in the year. I had dealer begging me to buy yesterday with 8k discount I didn't yet.

10. brancky3

brancky3 United States Active Member

Nitrogen-filled tires for $149. lolol

11. sergey

imagine, he walks into dealership as a saviour, to relief them from that 2018 GT2 stinger in the end of 2018, and what he gets? Nitrogen filled tires for $150. I'd ask for $150 more of discount if id be offered them.

12. mulepic

mulepic United States Newish Member

Yep, lots of junk fees on there. But at the end it's about where I ended as well. $37k adj cap. cost then tax, title, junk fee, etc. = total payoff $39,500.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

This: I've not heard of such a yooge rebate before. Whence cometh it from?:p Maybe they are just inflating the rebate and using that to pad the discount? Why, though?

That price seems like a good one for a brand new GT2. So how one arrives at a nice final price is kind of pointless to worry about; it's their numbers game. Final price is the only thing that matters.

14. Indy499

Indy499 United States Member

They're combining lease cash (8k), regional AWD bonus (1k) and lease cash (3k). They shouldn't be able to do that, but who's gonna complain about getting an extra 3k rebate?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Menissalt

Menissalt United States Member

nevermind

16. Brandon V

Not sure but I am not going to disagree with them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Brandon V

Well the dealer took off all the add-ons and my final price is 39,600. I am not going to put money down and will buyout the car after it is in the KMF system. Thanks for all your help. I did not even think about doing the lease then buyout options when I started this process. I will hopefully welcome home my new GT2 tomorrow afternoon.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

That’s a better price for that car, let us know when you get it.

19. Brandon V

Well, the lease is signed and the car is mine. Next step will be contact KMF in the next month or so to get my buyout figure. I am assuming it is around 41000 + (rent + highway use tax for the number of payments). Would that be correct. I also have to pay a 3% highway tax (our sales tax in NC) at title transfer after the buyout. It will be about a 7-8 thousand savings if all goes well. I have attached the important section of lease for reference.

Attached Files:

20. x4nd3r05

x4nd3r05 United States New Member

Had a dealer offer me 5000 bonus cash on a 2019. Still didn't bring down the price enough for me. Couldn't agree on 46,900 otd for ceramic grey gt2 awd. Will wait til the bonus cash reaches 7700 again for 2019.

Draft saved Draft deleted