Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger GT vs Dodge Charger Scat Pack

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger vs The World' started by Kia Stinger, Jan 27, 2018.

1. robz32

robz32 United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Negative. You can adjust the features you mentioned, except for exhaust. What you can adjust is the exhaust enhancement volume inside the cabin, but not the outside note level of it, that stays the same regardless of the mode you are in.
    In other words the Stinger is not equipped with an active exhaust feature.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. CaliSting

CaliSting United States Member

I’d agree that the thing that makes Stinger so quick off the line is the immdieate toque and relatively quick 8 speed tranny. Motor is at its peak torque curve right off the line . The smaller twin turbos make launch pretty easy to repeat over and over. So we have very consistent car. Maybe not fastest but on average we will do a good launch and get off line strong . Other cars don’t always launch fast or have difficulty getting power down. We get power down very nicely in both awd and RWD. Actually I’m very impressed how we get power down in RWD cars. I rarely get wheel spin.

I too think our power may be a bit under rated. Hemi powered 5.7 dodge has similar HP rating and it just doesn’t pull like this V6 TT motor. Also 8 speed in dodge is a little slower. Dodge hesitates off the line and has slower shifts . Where as stinger jumps off line and then boom 2 nd boom 3 rd shifts. Kia pulls more like a car that has low 400 hp .

Curious has anyone done a Dyno comparison of 89 octane verses 91 verses 93 verses 95 plus? All my turbo cars even with stock tunes run harder with 95 octane. Seems like most tunes do optimize for octane up to about 95 octane.

Thing that is cool about Stinger is that we can load very conservative tune and grab a little more hp without stressing motor too much. When we start close to 400 hp jumping up 25 hp is pretty easy and makes and already fast car just a little faster. Enough to put it on par with some really fast rides.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jonathan Lasich

Jonathan Lasich Canada Member

I hear ya!!!(Or maybe I don"t!!)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Volvowith18psi

Volvowith18psi United States Member

I love the stinger, and Im not denying the charger lost... There is no way that was a scat pack or 392 motor in general. If it was, he lost only due to driver error. Those chargers can rip very low 12's right off the showroom floor.

5. jdouga

jdouga United States Active Member

If u read the thread on page 1, he has the lap3 chip, methanol and exhaust. It is plausible

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Volvowith18psi

Volvowith18psi United States Member

I still attribute this to driver error.

Just like my 5200lb SRT Jeep beating a GT500 by at least 2 cars. Driver error cost him the win. Yea, I watched that video again a few times, there is no way that is a 392 losing by 6+cars. MAYBE a 5.7, I just dont think so.

Here is a link, Im not just pulling this shit outta my ass.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MA Stinger

MA Stinger United States New Member

Agreed. I traded my Scat Pack in for my Stinger. That car was bad to the bone and hard to control all of the power.

Draft saved Draft deleted