Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Is confirmed the performance of the OEM 2019 Stinger suspension better than the OEM 2018 Stinger?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by Dochidalgo, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! STL Stinger Club Texas Stinger Swarm

I just installed staggered 19s with extreme summer rubber and the difference is immediate and obvious. I don't know that I'd lay this on the suspension as a whole. Have any part numbers changed?

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Why did you change cars?
    I have A/S UHP tires, staggered 19s to fit the OE rims, as my winter setup. And I can tell a definite reduction in performance between the Michelin summer tires and the Nitto Motivo A/S. So I am sure that is the biggest difference, as you say. That, and aren't the 18s only 8" wide? So, a double hit on performance.

3. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

I'll add my piece to this discussion as I am one with some experience with both. I can say the 2019 can exhibit that rear dance as the 2018 but at a higher (60+ vs 40+) speed when cornering but the movement is still less than on the 2018. I have been pushing it more and more as this 2019 didn't seem to have any weak points like the 2018. While the 2018 was unsettled over most bumps and road surfaces, the 2019 is smoother. Do I want to add a sway bar, yes. Do I feel it is necessary for most of the driving I do, no. Am I in a rush to get one, nope. The 2019 is better put together compared to the 2018 and as said, KIA is known for making improvements quite fast to short comings, to make sure their customers are satisfied. That being said, on the dealership side, most could care less about helping folks to get their issues sorted, they would rather trade your car for the newer version so they can attempt to rip you off with their stupid markups.

I recently experienced the G70 again and I really would love that suspension tuning on the Stinger. It would make for a much better driving experience. That said, as most of you have noticed I have not been on here much lately. I am very happy with my car as is, I bought the badges and haven't even gotten around to installing them. Wish list, a quieter interior similar to the K900, suspension tuning like the G70, a sport hybrid system so I can have better economy for the commute and the power and performance for those long road trips.

Wrapping up, my 2019 is a better put together car vs my 2018 and I suspect the 2020 will also have improvements over the 2019. Yes, I have tested it on similar roads (I drive them every day) in different conditions and the 2019 has solved the suspension issues I had with the 2018. I still have yet to drive my buddy's car, that might make me consider the sways but as of now, I have no regret in giving him the one I bought as it improved his ride and solved the dancing rear end issue he was having.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. itguy61

itguy61 United States Active Member

Hard to compare the feel and stability between an AWD car with a heavier front end, 18' wheels/tires and in addition the 2018 does not have the PS 4 tires. Tires make a huge difference in handling. If you were comparing two cars with the same drive layout, wheels and tires it would be very interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jaymorz

Jaymorz United States Member

Having tested out the car for about a year, I've decided this is something I want to keep for about 8-10 years. My 2018 had nuisances that kept piling up and instead of buying that car I rather commit to something brand new with 0 immediate issues. Learned a lot about properly maintaining these cars during my 1 year as well. Researched what the 2019 going prices were, incentives, KBB or NADSA trade-in value and gave it a shot at a dealership. Everything made sense to swap over - see my post: GT2 2018 for a 2019: DEAL DONE

• Like Like x 2
  6. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

That isn’t correct. I have an 18 gt2 awd with factory 19” staggered PS4 tires.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. itguy61

I am talking about this example where the 2018 was AWD with non PS 4 tires. I did not state that all 2018 models do not have the PS 4 Tire. Mine sure did.

8. nhcowboy28

No. U said the 2018 awd did not come with PS4. I’m telling you they were standard in southern states. I quoted exactly what you stated.

“and in addition the 2018 does not have the PS 4 tires.” (even if you are limiting this to AWD, it’s false)

Perhaps you were tying to convey a different point, but it is written in a way that comes across incorrect.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Stinger Enthusiast

he said "the 2018". So he meant that particular 2018.

I am pretty sure he was replying to

10. itguy61

I am not in the mood to argue with you and not sure why you want to argue. I already explained to you I am not talking about all 2018 models but the 2018 model referenced here in this post from someone who owned one:

"After driving my 2018 for practically a year and swapping to a 2019, I feel an immediate difference.

95% certain its because I went from an AWD 18" square config to an AWD 19" stagger config.

Also had all weather tires on my 18" and now PS4 on my current 2019.

Generally new tires make the biggest difference when it comes to these butt dyno assessments."

Sorry but non RWD models that have all season tires do not come with the PS 4 tires. Again, my statement about the 2018 is the particular 2018 referenced in the post above. I know exactly what I was referring to and if you want to argue like a jerk go ahead. I already explained what I meant.

11. nhcowboy28

Cool. My bad yo.

12. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

This post just took ten IQ points from me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I can tell. You said "post" when you mean thread. That would never have happened before you wasted a half hour of your life reading this thread. ;):p

• Like Like x 1
  14. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

I read about ten and gave up!

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted